Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit card in credit (they owe me money) but can't transfer using same banking system

• 07-07-2022 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Right so my credit card and current account are controlled by the same institution.

When I owe the credit card money it comes out of my current account. Either I or the bank can do it.

Now the situation is the opposite where there are funds on the card belonging to me but I can't transfer to my current account

Bank say option doesn't exist anymore and I need to take out cash instead.

Current account is tied to all my direct debit so the funds in it would be more beneficial.

Any alternative to what they've told me??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭clobber

They're saying all I can do involving them is take out cash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭eusap

can you top up revolut and transfer from there to current account

Yeah 3rd parties like one of those guys sound like only option but wary of using them.

My last lodgement in an actual bank there was still person to person transactions and going strong.

That's how little I use them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The advice from poster eusap is good and probably the only way to get your money out in one tranche without using an ATM. But if you have no need for a Revolut account, the hassle of opening an account that you may never use afterwards probably means that you should just go to an ATM and withdraw the money as cash.

Is it a substantial amount? Another option is to use up the balance for everyday spending - groceries, coffee, pints in your local, diesel etc.

Yeah looking like the latter. Just run the thing down on retail stuff and that.

Probably still be enough in current account for the direct debits.

Least I know my options now. Thanks everyone

• Advertisement
Advertisement