Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things Ireland

Options
  • 07-07-2022 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Company Location: Letterkenny, Ulster

My husband and I have not traveled outside of the United States. I won't say we are running away and longing for a more sane country to live in, but, hey if that's implied by my request; so be it. :)

I will relocate with my company, what we need:

Sites to understand the documentation needed to legally enter the country, work, live, play.

Sites to understand how to purchase a roof over our heads.

Sites to understand what driving laws we need to study and any other laws associated with the way of life.

Sites to help create an understanding of any cultural sensitivities we need to be respectful of.

Any suggested resources for laws associated with starting a business from "home"

Hot spots for middle age folks to have safe, clean fun.

Suggested social environments supporting Christian activities or social events.

We appreciate any assistance.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

My family are from Rathmelton, just up the road from Letterkenny, but my Dad mover North in '59, so I'll not comment on the Legal stuff in Ireland. I don't know and dont want to tell you lies.

cultural sensitivities?

OK you're American, not Irish. NOTHING irritates the Irish more than someone whose great great great great grandparent was called O'Malley and stowed away on a slave ship. these folk may be Irish American when in Boston, but NOT back on the aul sod! 🤣

Letterkenny is very close to the border and the city of...... well there's the problem..... (London)Derry..... Everyone used to call it Derry until the Nationalists got a majority and changed the name of the COUNCIL to Derry city council. since then the more staunchly unionist end of the spectrum will get shirty if you drop the "london". hence the term "stroke city" (Derry/Londonderry) or as we call it in work.... Lower Limavaddy.

Please, check the volume of the room. SOME Americans (obv not you......) can be the loudest people EVER!

There is a massive range in Christian churches. Roman Catholic, Church of Ireland (Episcopalian), Methodist, Presbyterian, Baptist and a hundred free "modern" churches. look around when you get here. you'll find something to suit, as well as something to offend!

as to the legal questions, I'd suggest the local government offices as a first step.....

https://www.donegalcoco.ie/

Advertisement