Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you feel about Drag Queen Story Time?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

that one persons opinion has as much weight as anybody else. being a drag queen doesn't give them extra weight. Now i've never seen drag queen story time but I doubt it includes all the elements of a normal drag show. i certainly hope they dont tell the same class of joke that Mr Pussy told in the Parliament Inn 30 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭PalLimerick

Totally weird. Promoted by weirdos.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,761 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

It doesn't matter if its sound theory or not ,if he doesn't want them to see it then that up to him,

Not sure what your trying to say with the pictures they are clearly priests not men dressed up as women ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

I'm all tucked in 🙇‍♂️ shoot!

I wonder is it all a big stunt to try and invite pushback and then claim victimhood? Like those members of the LGBT community who purposefully search out Christian bakeries for the purpose of publicity and furthering "The Message"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭MyLove4Satan

Weirdos and incredibly mediocre individuals devoid of any talent or otherwise appealing personality. Which is 90% of the Drag and Trans community these days. No talent lightweights who put on a frock, wig and make up and announce "look at me and adore me now!" Think Panti Bliss.

We are on the verge of the worst recession in the history of the state - due exclusively to the Pandemic Mass Formation Psychosis - and the Minister for Finance Pascal Donahue launched a near psychotic defense of Drag Queen Storytime on Twitter.

This is Ireland in 2022 and it is not looking good in any way, shape or form for the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭WJL

It's not something that keeps me awake at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭chosen1

I wouldn't dream of bringing kids near it either and would be of the opinion that the only benefit parents would get out of this would be to get recognition of how progressive they are through likes on Twitter. I also would not care enough to protest one of these events and let these parents off to do whatever makes them happy.

I've worked in a school for nearly 20 years and the trans issues in our school have only began in the last 4 or 5 years and it's no doubt down to exposure from publicity from events like this. Don't want to say anything that will identify the school but all bar one case of self identifying as another gender are girls who would be on the mild autism spectrum. I'm sure these girls feel different or have some issues going on, but I would have severe doubts that they would be trans if there wasn't such publicity around it and some other issue would have arisen if it was not so heavily promoted in some media these days.

I also know of a case from another school about 7 years ago, where a first year boy enrolled and the parents kicked up a fuss about how he now identified as a girl and he needed to be able to use the girls toilets and wear the girls uniform etc. I inquired since about how he/she got on in their progression through school and it turned out he had gone back to being a boy. The parents had pushed him to identify as a girl, no doubt in an effort to be progressive after he mainly played with girls toys as a young child. I can't help but feel very sorry for this kid and they no doubt have caused serious harm to his development as a person. I'd guess that he is not the only example out there either.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Did you miss the bit where I said;”No one is impinging on Mr M's parental rights. No one is going to force his kids to attend story time.”?

Maybe you could clarify what makes the men in dresses that I pictured and their stories about their imaginary friend suitable for children, compared to drag story time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 catmandont

Society has jumped the shark.

Specifically targeting the impressionable, immature minds of children with hyper controversial sexual issues on a daily basis ends only one way, a lot of psychological damage.

The parents who specifically seek this out couldn't get any more of a side eye from me if they tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭markjbloggs

But it was all done in the best possible taste.

What hyper controversial sexual issues are covered in drag story time?

I was quoting the person above who was talking about his experience in schools.

The simple question remains, why are some parents specifically, and it must be specific by it's nature, bringing children to hear a story read by a man in a dress?

There's a grand total of zero children waking up on a Saturday asking for this specific thing. None.

This is adults making conscious decisions about what they expose their child to, and with the cherry on top of protests surrounding it all, none of them, in my opinion, have children's interests in mind whatsoever. It's all about them and their controversial choices.

Strange, and thats a generous description.

I don't think it keeps anyone awake at night. But you can still express mild approval or disapproval without being hysterical.

but what sexual issues are discussed? you said they were targeting children with hyper controversial sexual issues so you must know what those issues are.

Ask the guy who I quoted, he's the one with experience in schools. He's the one I replied to.

If you can't differentiate controversial from non controversial, that's not my problem.

Why are some parents choosing, specifically, to bring children to hear a story from, specifically, a man in a dress?

so you dont actually know? you're just parroting somebody else?

Why are some parents choosing, specifically, to bring children to hear a story from, specifically, a man in a dress?

children like stories. that it is a "man in a dress" as you call them matters little to children.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,502 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Couldn't care less. Grown adults going on about it like it's the end of the world, absolutely pathetic. If you don't want your child at it, don't bother bringing them. Nobody should be allowed to wear overly revealing clothes around children but that's a different discussion and nothing to do specifically with drag queens, for example the women at mardi gras or whatever, children shoulnd't be allowed to be around them either. If the drag queen is dressed appropriately and other adults are there to supervise their own children, you're not concerned, you're just a homophobic prick

I can differentiate controversial from non controversial. You obviously can't.

Go and teach 1+1 in practically any part of the world, won't be a whisper. Go and teach, as the teacher above explained, certain sexual ideas and you'll find few country's interested. See the difference? No, you won't. Not can't, but won't. Nevermind.

"Children like stories" you say, so for the 4th time, why specifically are some parents choosing a man in a dress to tell their children's stories?

It is a specific choice. I'm not asking "do children like stories?", some people are choosing this thing because of the one singular identifying factor, it is a man in a dress doing it.

What's the idea in specifically wanting to bring children to hear from a man in a dress?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,502 ✭✭✭bb1234567

You're right . It's an lgbt hivemind. All the gays in cork and dublin and wherever in ireland were personally supporting and masterplanning the events in new york **** city or wherever the hell some tosser on boards plucked the story out of their arse from

You have side stepped the same basic question multiple times. Not even sidestepped, you've downright ignored it.

Why wont you answer the most intrinsic question of all, why are some people choosing to cross protests to bring children to hear a story from, SPECIFICALLY, a man in a dress?

You won't answer it, because you know the plain answer is controversial itself.

And that's what makes it sneaky, pretending one thing while intending another. As if people don't notice!

Strange, on so many levels.

what is strange is you keep mentioning sexual issues when you have no idea what they are. You are like the person standing out a cinema protesting a film you haven't seen because somebody told you it was dirty. No thinking of your own at all.

Do you think people can't read? Is that your "one magic trick"?

You keep asking about sexual ideas, I did you the common courtesy of replying. I explained that it would be better to ask the teacher above, who I originally quoted.

You, on the other hand, refuse, outright refuse, to answer why some parents are choosing to bring children to hear from ,SPECIFICALLY, a man in a dress.

The majority of people can read and think sensibly, and that's your biggest hurdle.

That's five times I've asked the same question. You don't even have the dignity to acknowledge the pertinent question, never mind attempt to gibberish out a sideways non-answer.

Slippery. But why the need to be slippery, that's the question. Most people know.

well as I've never seen a drag queen story time I can only guess as to why parents might bring their kids. My guess is the drag queens involved are very good at reading stories. They are entertainers after all. My other guess is that it is nothing to do with the sexual ideas that have been invented by the depraved and parroted by useful idiots.

Holy jaysus.

Your mistake is that people aren't thick. Not most of them.

not most of them. just the ones that parrot the words of others that they dont understand.

And I've just noticed your join date. I shouldn't have wasted my time.

Why are some parents bringing their children to Scientologist story time, across protest lines?

Your answer (just brilliant, have to hand it to you)...

"Maybe scientologists are entertaining at reading stories"

"Children like stories"

Good luck, you're going to need it, Mr slippery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭DeadHand

My child will never be subjected to this.

These weird gatherings are for the benefit of virtue signalling parents and needy, mediocre drag acts. They are not for the benefit of the children, who must be bewildered at best and disturbed at worst.

Deliberately provocative, politically motivated. These meetings reduce unwitting children to confused pawns in the culture wars that have spread here.

They represent one of the more toxic cultural imports from the USA, and that is saying something .

Post edited by DeadHand on

Advertisement