Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

POTW 628: 4/6/22 - 10/6/22

• 08-07-2022 10:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭

THIS WEEK'S POTW GOES TO:

Gregor Samsa

HONOURABLE MENTIONS

Portlawslim

DaireQuinlan

teroknor83

Beasty

CONGRATULATIONS Gregor Samsa. Amazing to catch that lad mid-flight!

Some information on the winning shot would be welcome

WELL DONE HMs

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Thank you Myksyk! And all who post and thank on the Random Photos thread. As I've said before, I find it inspirational.

I came across a local cow field with swallows bombing about. I had 20 minutes while my daughter was at athletics training, so I set my Sony A7iii to the max 10fps, put on my Tamron 150-500 (hand held), and I sprayed and I prayed. The buggers are fast, the AF really struggled, it was impossible to keep them in frame; the EVF blackout when shooting - which had never ever bothered me at all before - became a very apparent issue. Anyway, out of 500 shots, only about 100 even had a swallow in the frame, and this one was the only one that was in focus or not motion blurred. Took a hell of a crop to get it to be even a half acceptable photo too. Many lessons learned, but it was an enjoyable experience with a good outcome.

Advertisement