Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xcel 2007 Time Function Help

Options
  • 08-07-2022 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭

Not much familiar with this so if someone can help it would be great?

I want Cell AI to display the time in real time.

I want Cell B1 to display the time currently in cell A1 minus 8 hours.

TIA

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Just quickly you could do the following;

in Cell A1 TYPE =now() then format that cell as Time

in Cell B1 Type =A1-(8/24)

and that should get what you want

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

If you want the time to autoupdate like a clock then it can't be done with excel formulas. the Now() function only updates the cell when the workbook is updated. If you dont update the worksheet then the time value in the cell will remain unchanged. It might be possible to do it with VBA but that is a lot more involved.

Thanks, I probably should not have used the term real time. Displaying the current time at point the Excel file is opened will do for what I need right now and the F9 key will refresh it to current time if needed.

It is a valid point and I appreciate your input ohnonotgmail. 👍️

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Note: =now() will update to current time every time you edit any other cell

If you want only "current time" at specific moment to remain at that moment, you could use Ctrl+Shift+: combination in A1 (cell formatting not needed, but can do)

PS: unless is different on E2007, me on E2016

• Advertisement

Thanks smuggler, handy to know for again. 😉

Advertisement