Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abuse accusation

Options
  • 10-07-2022 8:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭

I have been accused of being abusive on the thread Liberty Insurance.

I want this looked into and an apology for the email sent to me.

I consider the moderator the abuser.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Hi.

The process for disputing warnings or bans is below. If you haven’t already, have a read through it so you’ll know how things work here.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2056019884/instructions-on-how-to-dispute-a-ban-or-infraction

The first step is always to try and resolve the issue via PM with the moderator who issued the warning. If you have tried this and the issue still cannot be resolved via PM, come back to this thread and the issue will be escalated to a CMod for that forum’s category.

On a separate note, I have deleted the other thread you started about this in our Help Desk just to keep everything in one place.

-Shield

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭asdfg87

I have been accused of using abusive language and i want this looked into.

I would ask the language be published here for all to see.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Before any of that can happen, you must follow the process that I linked to. I have nothing to do with the substance of your complaint. I'm just here to guide you through the steps that you must take before your complaint is reviewed by a CMod. The first step is to make contact with the moderator in question via PM and see if it can be resolved that way.

Click on your messages icon (the small white icon). Click the icon to compose New Message (the pen and paper). Type the name of the moderator you wish to contact in Recipients, and type your message in the white area. Start there and see how it goes.

-Shield

I have already done what you say but i cannot find a link for CMod you mention.

I take the word ABUSE very seriously.

Ok then. The next step in the process will happen in due course. Give it a day or so.

• Advertisement

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

None of the relevant CMods have been online for over a week. I have therefore had a look at this

OP, do you accept you posted the following:

"Absolutely not these Fcukers need to be exposed for using Covid as a reason to close theirn offices anf fcuk their customers."

If you have an issue with the warning you received you are permitted to post that Private Message in this dispute thread

I will wait until I get a reply from CMod, it needs to be addressed, I will not accept the term ABUSE as appropriate.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Please answer the question

Did you post what I quoted above

The thread you mention was closed for no apparent reason which also need to be looked at in my view.

Now you want to talk about its content, if you want to talk re-open the original thread as I have a few more comments but it's closed.

Strange that a person can decide conversation over?

• Advertisement

Did you post what I quoted above?

A simple yes or no will suffice

I did not abuse anyone, why are you so forceful? Nothing to do with you.

I expect it will be sorted when boss returns.

The thread yo mention was closed for no apparent reason which also need to be looked at in my view.

Now you want to talk about its content, if you want to talk re-open the original thread as I have a few more comments but it's closed.

Did you ever read the forum charter? Specifically this bit

"No Swearing/Foul Language.

There's no need to use foul language in this forum. Boards.ie has an inbuilt swear filter, so please don't try to bypass it by using numbers/symbols in place of letters. Posts containing foul language will be edited/deleted and the poster may receive an infraction."

Now which "boss" are you awaiting?

Can you also please post the wording where the mod abused you

The one that said they would as professionally people generally do what they say.

Also most people like "free speech" (except mods) I am looking forward to the conversation as threads related to public interest being deleted not I expect what boards.ie created for.

If it happens it will be interesting.

This is a private website. You post under our rules. There is no "free speech" defence on this site

Warning upheld.

So there is no freedom of expression on Boards, it's a Big surprise and disappointment that this is the Ireland 2022 and that media organisation will confirm this.

resolved

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement