Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My next EV

• 10-07-2022 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭

Hey

Currently driving a 2018 Ioniq, have it 3.5years and love it. My husband has seen the light and we want to upgrade the Ioniq to something with 400km ish range to be used as our main car.

Budget: €40,000

Year: 201 upwards

Range: 400km +

Bodytype: SUV / crossover

Also needs a decent boot to hold buggy, golf clubs, gaa gear etc

Currently Considering:

kia E-Niro and MG SS Exclusive.

any other recommendations, thoughts, comments, opinions? If you have either of the above and a young family do they work well!?

Thanks

**Edit: Should have said it’s not an urgent purchase, anytime in 2023 although ideally first half is fine

Post edited by OffalyMedic on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

Unfortunately at the moment there are very few options given the required range and budget. New the MG is probably the only viable option, the new e Niro is being quoted here at possibly 48K a big jump on the previous model. New supply is severely constrained with many models being a year of a wait or possibly more. Very few cars popping up second hand and when they do they can often be offered for more than they were new and generally go very quickly so it’s a case of checking daily to see if anything shows up. It is always worth ringing / calling into a dealer for a chat they might have what you want possibly coming in on a trade in etc and you might get what you want. The 400km range is also probably difficult to achieve in reality but check EV database for real world ranges and of course there is a gap between winter and summer ranges

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

New Ioniq 5 Executive? Not quite 400km+ range but I find on the very rare occasion I need to charge en-route I'd probably have needed to anyway!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,200 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

The eNiro would be tight on clubs and trolley etc. ask Kieran from the Golf Society, he has one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

You'll get a Cupra Born for €38k with 420km range, ID.3 slightly more but they're not a crossover.

Isn't the basic spec Ioniq 5 €40k?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 12,386 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Second that. We looked at the eNiro (2020 style) and while it would take our buggy, it's boot space wasn't exactly an upgrade on the Ioniq. Ended up going with an ID4 back when they were reasonably priced.

Advertisement