Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What sites are active near or around Dublin these days

• 11-07-2022 6:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭

It looks like I am being force to move from active chairsofter back to airsofter as the young lad has been badgering me and now has found out that some sites let 12 year olds play. I was convinced it was 14 and that's what I was telling him. So it looks like I'll be dragging him out at the end of the month.

The question is what sites are active these days. I have seen Special Ops advertised and they would probably be handiest for me but what other sites are there. I started with HRTA but I think they went years ago, Fingal Airsoft seem to be still around. Is there anyone else?

I'll be renting the first time with the young lad as I'll need to get the AEG's looked at as they haven't been used in 14 years!!!! Plus I'll need new batteries etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,203 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Hey dude! I recently got back into the sport myself a couple of years ago and have been attending Spec Ops a good bit - it's absolutely brilliant, and definitely worth the drive out - the kind of site we could only dream of back in the HRTA days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I think any age limits will be site-specific - cannot recall anything specific about restrictions by age regards playing in law - and most likely dictated by insurance policies, so best check with the sites before rocking up to avoid disappointment. That was certainly the case last time I played a game in the UK (and throughout all of the time I spent playing and/or marshalling).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Lo guys long time no see.

Good to hear @o1s1n will try them out so.

@Lemming have confirmed the age on their website. Do you still have my US leather shoulder holster, I may need it back 😉

Hit Special Ops this morning with young lad and had a great time. What a brilliant well organised site.

The son is hooked so that's my bank balanced going fubar. My knees are creaking like bad hinges tonight.

Heading to Special Ops again on the 28th for a full day if any of you are around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,203 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Ah I'll miss you by a week, we're heading down on Saturday the 20th for the night game!

Probably going to do the daytime game before it too, make a whole day of it.

What are the numbers in Fingal Airsoft like on a Sunday? Special Ops seem to have at least 80.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

Great to see some of you guys coming out of retirement. I'd love to join yall but I'm not driving.

Advertisement