Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to buy a cow?

• 11-07-2022 11:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi All,

Might be a stupid question but may as well ask!

I am hoping to get a herd number issued in the coming weeks.

Once I get it, what is the process to actually buying a cow?....i assume there will be some level of paperwork/change of ownership etc?

Also, anything I should be asking the seller before the deal is done?

Stephen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭HerrKuehn

Lidl/Aldi have them in the middle aisle sometimes, but you need to keep an eye out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 347 ✭✭haybob

Done Deal or Mart

What do you want the cow for ??

You may or may not meet the seller in the Mart ?? You might meet an old schooler who will give you luck money or a lad that that will swear she's the best cow he ever had only to find her dead tomorrow

Think about Breed, now it's a breeding female you want ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

I don't think it's fair to buy a single cow. They're social animals and will be quite lonely without company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Have you the minimum requirements regarding land for a cow?

depending what part of the country you’re in, maybe consider a local farmer.

there is paperwork,if you you are buying privately, the seller will sort the paperwork. If from a mart, once you buy, they do the paperwork and you’re given a blue card that is the animals passport.

Advertisement