Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

? Replacement quartz movement

Options
  • 11-07-2022 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi all

I have a lovely old ladies seiko from circe 1974. I have had it repaired once and it wasn't cheap. I am not sure if I would be throwing good money after bad to endeavour to get it repaired again. I have been on to Seiko who were not particularly helpful, more or less said parts are obsolete and we can't help you. I was wondering could a replacement quartz movement be used instead, and if so any ideas what one. Watch movement is the same as one pictured.

Best Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭scwazrh

@Wibbs will be the man for that

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

It's complex enough. You need to find a quartz movement that fits the case, then fits the existing dial and hands, or find a very similar quartz watch from the period and fit movement, dial and hands into the mechanical watch's case. All in all it would probably be cheaper to just get the existing movemen serviced as that's likely all that it needs to get going again.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Answers

Advertisement