Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knocknacarra, any bad or less desirable spots?

Options
  • 11-07-2022 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

For anyone familiar with Knocknacarra - are there any bad areas or are most of the estates fairly similar?

Thanks for any information!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

We live in Riasc na Ri and it is fine. Lots of families, no roving gangs of teenagers. Lots of teenagers hang out around Dunnes but they are relatively harmless, no malice or attempts to intimate people. Not sure what is like further into Knocknacarra.

Knocknacarra is quite dense.

Majority of the place is fine. Some areas probably on the rougher side of things, but even then, it's generally ok.

Like anywhere, the price you pay, generally correlates directly with the desire to live in the area. If you find a fantastic house, for very cheap, the area might not be so great.

Generally, the older estates in Knocknacarra are all very good. Have a lot of the same families living there for a long time.

If you have specific estates you want to know more about, I'd say call them out directly. I can only speak for estates south of the western distributor road really

One thing I'd look out for, is check Google Maps. Are there laneways near the estates you are looking for? There are quite a few laneways, without much lighting around Knocknacarra, (or at least were when I was a young lad). They generally attract large gangs of teenagers (not all necessarily troublesome by the way)

Advertisement