Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Search in thread?

Options
  • 11-07-2022 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

hi there, how do I search for something within a thread? When I'm in the thread and use the search feature it seems to just search all of Boards. It used to allow me to search within the thread I was in.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭traco

I can't figure it out either. It used to be possible to search the section you were just in. Been looking through the noob FAQs and help section but can't see any how to guide for searching a specfic section.

• with search functionality being deprecated in Boards, I personally do Google searches right outside Boards which include of course “Boards.ie” I what I remember of thread name, my own username/former username, other usernames, maybe snippets I recall being said on thread and I often hit right on the spot.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

The old option to search within a thread is no longer available unfortunately. It is possible to do a more thorough search on the desktop site, the search on mobile is very basic, it has no filters.

Advertisement