Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate my team 22/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,755 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I strongly agree too.

Watched the spurs vs roma game in Israel last Sat night. It was dreadful. Spurs didn't have a single shot on target but Perisic was easily the most attacking threat from Spurs. He had 3 or 4 attempts on goal in the 60-70 mins he played (albeit his shot accuracy left a lot to be desired). Also from a fitness perspective, the game was played at 9pm local time and even at that time of night it was 28degrees with ridiculous humidity. Both teams struggled with the conditions and the match was very scrappy but Perisic did well to last as long as he did and I'd be confident he starts this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭skippy15

I'd downgrade ederson to say ramsdale and go robbo to Trent,

As metioned cucurella out if want a punt move him to walker or something, Gabriel doesn't do it for me at 5m, would go zincencko over him if you want arsenal,

Ederson robbo Gabriel cucu to Trent meisler dalot James for example

• Registered Users Posts: 41 The Hoarse Whisperer

Seem fairly settled on this. Thoughts welcome.

Ramsdale | (Ward)

TAA | Cancelo | James | Perisic | (Neco)

Salah c | Bowen | Martinelli | Bailey | ( Andreas)

Kane v | Jesus | (Goodwood)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I want to try get Perisic in now, especially if going Haaland over Kane. Need to have some sort of Spurs cover. This is turn means downgrading Grealish to a 6.0

Botman / Grealish / Kane

or

Perisic / Neto / Haaland

That leaves me with a 4-4-2 with Bailey & Neto in midfield. Which isn't very attractive

Another option is downgrading Cancelo.

Botman / Cancelo / Grealish / Kane

or

Perisic / Dias / Rashford / Haaland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 The Hoarse Whisperer

I’d go for 2 definitely and if you could find a .5 to upgrade Neto to Martinelli even better but if you can’t still think 2 is a better option imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Mentioned him above in my last draft as I'm not 100% on Bailleys minutes after a few games but will probably start with Bailley like most

• Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Kane v Haaland is pretty impossible. they're simply both outstanding picks.

I personally don't think the two of them plus Salah is worth it, because there are too many good options around the pitch. you just hurt your team too much by having the three. that's just my opinion.

So you've just got to pick 2 of Kane, Haaland and Salah. so work out how many times you'd captain each of these, and whichever combination of the 2 works best, go for it.

the points you don't get for having all 3 can be made up in the strength of the rest of your team.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 killach

What thoughts on above?

Plan would be to start same most weeks and pick 2 from Mitro,Lingard,Maxi and Wilson?

Too costly no Haland or Kane?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Will Chris Wood play for Newcastle? Strikes me as good bang for buck at 6m if he does

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

It's happened...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,384 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I'm fed up of running around in circles, chopping and changing, so sticking with this as my final draft:

Sa

Dalot, Cancelo, Botman, Perisic, Zinchenko

Salah (vc), Bruno G, Sancho

Kane (c), Jesus

Subs: Henderson, JWP, Aaronson, Awoniyi.

Might free up slightly more funds by bringing in one of the Leicester GKs when it's established whose first choice.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 250 ✭✭SeamusAFA

Will Patterson start for Everton?

Henderson/Hennessey

TAA, Robertson, Zinchenko, N Williams, Patterson

Salah, Son, Rashford, Martinelli, Andreas

Jesus, Ings, Mitrovic

There's going to be a playing 4.0 keeper to select instead of Steele who doesn't play.

You've a lot of money on the bench. 6.0 + 6.5. they can be downgraded to playing 5.0 or around that price point and upgrade the starting team.

Good point on the captaincy choice between the 3 every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,927 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I wonder how many will be tempted by the Leicester GK pair for 8M. Must admit I'm thinking about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Still considering no Salah. With seemingly 3 viable 4.0 mill starters toying around with the below. Kane/KDB vs Son/Haaland still a very tough call for me. And may give in yet and go for Mo but for me TAA + Robbo are locked so the choice really is Son + Diaz + 1m vs Salah + 8 mill mid. May yet move to 4atb either by shifting one of Patterson/Neco but I like the 3-5-2 approach as it maximises the budget by allowing the cheapest possible bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Getting close now I think 🤔🤔

Listened to a couple of podcasts and read a few bits and bobs here and elsewhere...Perisic coming in was the main result of that..have 0.5m left over as well to scramble for whoever in GW2 and beyond

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭tranquilo

Leicester Keepers

TAA Cancelo Jonny N. Williams Patterson

Salah Martinelli De Bruyne Neto A. Pereira

Kane Jesus Taylor

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

I've tinkered so much I've gone in circles. Sticking with this now since I go travelling tomorrow and won't get a chance to change stuff anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Strange comment , not sure how the whole FDJ transfer sage relates to how Ten Haag will deal with Ronaldo.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Is there any 4.0 defender nailed on to start this weekend ( bar Williams) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭I see sheep

Only when Wilson is injured.

And they're trying to sign another striker, Wood will be 3rd choice soon I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,531 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Any thoughts or ideas welcome. I'm going for broke from the start with my attacking options. Also banking on Kristensan and Williams doing well for the differential.

I might downgrade Mendy to a 4.5 million goalie and get a 4.5 million defender for the bench instead of vestegard. Decisions, decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

I like the Sterling pick, think he's gone under the radar. I think I'd go Kane or Haaland and try get Salah into the team. Change Dennis to Ward/Iverson also

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

I'm done looking at it...........banking on both Haaland and Nunez doing their stuff from the off!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I've nothing to back this up but FPL wire pod said both Sancho and Dalot were taken off injured at the weekend but I haven't seen it reported anywhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Youre the lad talking about a tight new regime, the FDJ saga shows that maybe it's business as usual at OT and the likes of Ronaldo will be doing as they like.

At the end of the day this is about FPL decisions and there seems to be a lot of new posters on here that can't park their club bias. It's not a good recipe for doing well IMO.

But then an Everton lad won a few years and didn't pick any Liverpool players for the season so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,044 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

There's no reason to have anyone but Ward as your sub keeper

Advertisement