Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate my team 22/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,531 ✭✭✭Gusser09

I have a few iterations where I manage to get Salah in the team with Haaland and Kane but it unbalances it everywhere else though. I think it's more a case if you want the 3 of having to go with 4 cheaper midfielders which is a huge risk.

Head well and truly melted at this stage. I've managed to shoehorn Salah into the team along with Haaland and Kane. Thing is my defence is looking weak enough now. I'm also relying on Sterling to produce the goods which I think he will.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Couldn't decide between Kane/Salah/Haaland, so just went with them all. Bit lighter in midfield then i'd like, but will have to do if i want to go all out on attack. Wish i could fit Son in there somehow, but i'd have to weaken the defence quite a bit.

Is it risky in midfield going with Rashford who might not start and Pereira who hasn't really played at this level before? You are counting on Salah to carry it. He is capable of it though to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Because the starting team is effectively for 10 GWs, not just the 1st GW.

No point starting with players for 1 week only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Downgrading Saka -> Martinelli opens up a lot of opportunities with the extra 2.0

Neco -> Perisic

Ward -> Sanchez

Rashford -> Sancho

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

I have Rashford too and think he'll start the first few games on the left

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Local_Chap

Any suggestions on this, currently have 1 million ITB

• Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

I don't see Dalot in any drafts anymore. Is everyone off him now?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Between Ramsdale/James/Rashford vs Sanchez/Perisic/Diaz currently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

ETH was unhappy with a number of players who left the stadium early last week, Dalot being one of them.

I think he'll still start just might be more prone to rotation.

More I look at it, the more it's a wait and see with all United players.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Yeah been looking at this, allows me upgrade Greenwood to Mitrovic then. There's a lot of good players around the 8M mark though so makes it easier jump to 1 of those if they start well and Saka doesn't. Harder pick a similar priced replacement for Martinelli if he starts poorly (and most already seem to own Bailey)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Good to know. Might try to find 0.5m to go to Perisic or someone else for 5.0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Ward Iversen

TAA Robbo Perisic Cancelo James

Salah Bailey XXXX Reed Andreas

Haaland Jesus Archer

Who is the best 8.0 or under to punt on for one week? Plan is change to whatever City mid looks best for GW2.

Also is Reed the second best option for 4.5 midfielders or am I missing someone?

I'd start with Mahrez and bank your transfer for GW2.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Going with this for the mo, or might do some shuffling around to get Salah in. Had Haaland over Kane for a while but I think Kane is a safer bet and less likely to be rotated. Staying away from Man City midfielders as I find their starting line up too unreliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭tranquilo

I'd downgrade Sterline to Diaz or maybe Mount if you want Chelsea cover.

Upgrade Cash to Canceo then at least you have 2 premium defenders. Or Cash to Dias and Justin then can be upgraded to a 5.5 or you could upgrade both Justin and Mitchell to 5m defenders like Trippier, Zinchenko, etc

I'm still toying with the idea of 2 or 3 premiums, cannot decide and heads fairly wrecked. Won't be able to tinker tomorrow so team will need to be locked in this evening.

Team A - 3 premiums

Ward/Iversen

TAA, Robbo, Walker, Neco Williams, Perisic

Son, Salah, Bailey (Andreas, Murphy)

Haaland, Jesus (Greenwood)

Front 4 + Bailey looks incredible and means I'm set up for Son v Southampton and Haaland v Bournemouth in GW2.

Team B.

Ramsdale (Ward/Iversen)

TAA, Robertson, Cancelo, Walker, Perisic

Mahrez, Salah, Bailey (Andreas, Murphy)

Jesus, Kane (Greenwood)

Better all round team. Question marks over Perisic & Mahrez who might become James & Grealish with 0.5 ITB.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Based on what though? last season Son outscored Kane by 66 points. Son gets extra point for goals and a point for CS. In fact given his price point it highlights that he's likely to return more than Kane this season. If Son were to get double digit score this week and Kane blanks, it's going to be very hard to switch to Son, given most won't want to Sell Salah and will have no way of doing it unless take a hit. If you have Kane, and Haaland goes wild - it's easy switch and vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

• Advertisement

Fair points but apparently since Conte arrived Kanes stats increased exponentially compared to the start of the season, and he underperformed against his xGS and xGA

I was hoping to get a head start on the 7% that have selected Martial.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Unfortunately it'll probable mean the 10%s that have Rashford and Sancho also move away

Ronaldo wouldn't be the worse pick at 10.5 if you knew he starts

Yeh that's possible. I've put Perisic in now. He is winger but listed as a defender obviously. He scores goals too so might give me something too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I actually just checked there, and Son has basically matched Salah over the last two seasons - very few would risk going without Salah, yet very few have Son in their teams... Some people talk about having a GW2 transfer plan for Kane/Haaland, would be interesting to know those who go without Son, what their plan is to get him if he takes off?

I think he's been massively overlooked myself. Nice opening fixture where lots are going Kane over Son.

My threemium draft couple posts above I've squeezed in Salah, Son and Haaland. Means not taking a transfer in GW2 to get Haaland and if needs be I can move around before GW3 with 2 FT's. Might be the way to go.

I'd need to get rid of Haaland/Kane or Salah to get him if he explodes, I'd also have to change formation if I kept Salah and got Son in. I'd do it as part of 2 FTs or a -4 probably after GW3 if I was to do it, and hope that Kane/Salah/Haaland nearly match him in the meantime.

It boils down to having too many premiums to fit in and hope that your starting choices take off.

I have Salah, Sterling, Son and Haaland in. I do wrry that KDB will take off though. What can you do though. Decisions have to be made.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

Pretty set at the moment, only decision left is to find a 4.5m defender - narrowed it down to a couple of Arsenal lads , Tomiyasu or White. Think Tomiyasu is more likely to get attacking returns but white was a bonus magnet last year. Only concern with tomiyasu is/was his injury, any word on whether he is likely to start?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

Totally agree on Son - will be going that route aswell and looking to bank if i can in GW2

Advertisement