Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate my team 22/23

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Sterling is being overlooked lads. At 10million he will start every game and will give a good return.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

Settled on this team for now, any opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭AdrianG08

The stats and data will tell you that for the last 5 seasons or so of this game, the winner has never tied up much £££ in their 3 strikers. Picking 3 (even 2) expensive strikers is absolute folly. And thats not an opinion, its shown in the data from previous seasons.

Attacking full backs and attacking midfielders/forwards listed as midfielders is where you need to invest heavily each season.

My team is as follows:

Ward (Iversen) - covering bases with both Leicester guys

TAA, Cancelo, Perisic, Dalot (Neco Williams)

Son, Salah, Sterling, Neto (A.Pereira)

Jesus, Brennan Johnson (Greenwood)

At least 2 (3 if you count the keeper) subs will play.

TAA, Cancelo, Son, Salah and Jesus on board, I reckon Sterling will be a decent differential albeit at 10million. He will play ever week, his record at City even in recent years is good despite the fact he didn't play every week. Tuchel is a bit more flexible with his attacking players too, so I reckon his style will suit Sterling, where its not all about possession.

Brennan Johnson is the wild card, he has stepped up at international level scoring against Netherlands and Belgium so I don't see why he won't take to premier league. I fancy him to outperform his partner in attack Awoniyi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Where I am

Henderson Ward

Robbo Cancelo Zinc Kristensen Neco

Salah KDB Mount Neto Andreas

Jesus Welbeck Mbeumo

Henderson - I was going cheap and I like him

Ward - 4 Million keeper with a game or two.

Robbo - Had to cut 0.5 from TAA

Cancelo - City defender sorted

Zinchenko - Will prove City right or wrong which will effect if he loses his place or not

Kristensen - Gambling on him performing both ends for Leeds

Neco W - 4M playing bench

Salah is Salah

KDB - Hasn't gone away you know.

Mount - Push on again from last year?

Neto - Didn't want to follow the crowd but was choice of 5.5 mid or forward and they're so bad. Betancur tempting me instead.

Andreas - Cheap and maybe OOP

Jesus - Highly owned and ok priced. Want to be on early in case.

Welbeck - Brighton might start well as they finished. He was back in form too. I'll have him until he injures himself.

Mbeumo - Again stuck for funds. If he can turn posts into goals might be worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Another treble decision to make for me. Kind of want to get this sorted this evening if I can.

I'm kind of leaning towards the first choice here as it's more steady and reliable over a few weeks.

Sanchez / White / Mount (or Foden or Mahrez etc)

Or

Ward / Zinchenko / Sancho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,291 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I'm not sold on the Sterking or Brennan Johnson pick myself but I admire the differentials. GL

I'd agree. I'm not going to go with one of Halaand and Kane every week though. Perisic will be key the more I think of it. He is listed as a defender but will play an attacking role. So he'll get clean sheets also.

I am conflicted in going for Diaz over Sterling though. That would allow me to get Cancello in.

My premiums would be

Cancelo

TAA

SON

SALAH

KANE

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

Any recommendations for 5M midfielder that will rotate well with Ramsey off Villa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Current draft.

Think I’m a little light in midfield. Bailey and Martinelli might not be nailed, need to hit the ground running if they start GW1.

Barnes has tough fixtures through GW5 but is the standout midfielder at his price or under I think.

People trying to fit three premiums in their team are making a huge error.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Definitely A for me. I think Mount is a great pick. I have Zinchenko at present but White is a BP magnet and Sanchez is the better choice of keeper (assuming your other is a non playing one?) I am giving Man U a wide berth until I see improvement in actual meaningful games, especially if Ronaldo is back to blunt the other attacking options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I've always selected two playing keepers. Going with Raya & Sanchez.

Could be changed to Ramsdale & Ward which would mean that White could have to be changed to another 4.5 and I do like the look of Botman.

I think the flexibility of Raya & Sanchez is nice though, and not be locked into Ramsdale, assuming Leicester bring in a keeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

As midfielders go, he's priced a little awkward - it's him and Bruno at 10m, ,then it's Bowen at 8.5, or Son/KdB at 12m. - so there are none at 9 or 11m.

Chelsea have a lot of attacking players, he should start most games, but his finishing at City was always poor - will Chelsea created as many chances as City do - time will tell.

My final final draft.

SUBS: Iversen, Broja, N.Williams, Greenwood.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,148 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Barring a fresh injury leading up to the game I would be very surprised if he doesn't start and get 75 mins or so.

I’m in 2 minds about Coutinho. Could be great, could be garbage. Which other 7mil midfielder could be better?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

As a Villa fan, I would avoid. He had a good start to his time at Villa, but was cold for a large chunk of the end of last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

7m and under there are a few - all sort of punty though

Grealish - might have some rotation risk, though with 5 subs it should get him more game time.

Zaha - fixtures not great but it's Zaha - sometimes he performs better against the bigger teams

ASM - 6.5m - surprised that he's not in many teams given how electric he can be and their fixtures aren't the worse.

Ward Prowse - not great fixtures but when it comes to goals from free kicks he's fairly accurate and streaky.

Lingard - 6m - will be trying his best to get into the England squad.

Benrahma - 6m - could be value

Martinelli - others seem to love him but I don't trust arsenal - (and think that Jesus will be a trap but given his ownership is near 75% - gotta to have him)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Is Murphy gonna be a starter for Newcastle? Even if he nails down a spot, having a low scoring 4.5 mid in your starting 11 would be a no no for me personally.

Really nice to see something different.

I like it but I’d find a better option than Dalot. Maybe White off the top of my head ?

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭tranquilo

No Salah, Kane or Haaland. Hoping that the attacking wing backs and wingers do the business for me. If Salah, Kane/Haaland hit the ground running I can see a very early wildcard happening 😅

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I’ve changed this from:

Mendy (Ward)

TAA James Walker Perisic (Neco)

Salah Kulu Diaz Neto (Colback)

Haaland Jesus (Greenwood)

to

Leicester double of Ward Iversen

TAA James Walker Perisic (Neco)

Salah Kulu Diaz Martinelli (Andreas)

Haaland Jesus (Greenwood)

So Mendy to Leicester keeper

Neto to Martinelli

Colback to Pereira

Thoughts? 0.5 in the bank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Have dumped Mendy for a Leicester double and gone Neto to Martinelli as above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭Samuri Suicide

Still undecided on Saka or Diaz?

Happy enough with rest of team, for now..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭Samuri Suicide

Decided to get Jesus in and forget about Diaz/Saka. Weak bench and v punty on Bailey and Andreas starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Nats9314

Alisson / Ward

N.Williams / Walker / Zinchenko / Trippier / Perisic

Bailey / Mount / Salah / Daiz / Sancho

Jesus / Greenwood / Haaland

Thoughts? if i could id like to maybe get Son in....and is it too much Liverpool?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Tinkered again to wreck my head more, still no Cancelo though but this feels more balanced, any opinions welcome.

Sanchez (Ward)

TAA Trippier Walker James (N.Williams)

Salah Son Bailey Neto (Pereira)

Haaland Jesus (Archer)

Advertisement