Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate my team 22/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭SeanJ09

De Gea

Cancelo James Dalot TAA Ruben Dias

De Bruyne Bruno G Luis Diaz

Kane Martial

Subs are Ward Browse Pereira Murphy

Utd players will be leaving if Ronaldo stays.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,979 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

So here is another draft helpful thought appreciated

Alisson

TAA James Laporte

Trossard De Bruyne Norgaard Murphy Salah

Antonio Jesus

Subs

Darlow Cucurella Mings Parrott

• Registered Users Posts: 33,235 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Think you could do with beefing up that midfield. Trossard, Norgaard and Murphy isn’t really doing justice in the position where most points tend to come from.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I'm really struggling to find anyone apart from Haaland that I want up front. I'd love to start 451 but am worried that anytime Haaland is rotated, I'd likely be left with 10 players.

My current 5-4-1 option

Sanchez

TAA Cancelo Chilwell Tomiasu Doherty

Salah Son Bailey Rashford

Haaland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭skippy15

Nunez second half hat trick...hello

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,384 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

My latest attempt, I like it

Sa/Bazunu

DALOT/TOMIYASU/Botman/Cancelo/ Perisic

SALAH/AARONSON/SANCHO/Ward-Prowse/Bruno G

JESUS/Kane/Mbeumo

I like it. Sancho looks to be playing right-wing and Aaronson will surely be a direct replacement for Raphinha. A my defender should be first-choice, and Jesus has has a good pre-season. Although I am tempted to swap Jesus for Havertz (default striker) and bring back in Maddison for Sancho.

0.5 to play around with.

Zero chance I’m going out without both Robbo and Diaz unfortunately

One of the reasons when I started doing other draft as I went with DeByrne instead as more likely to start for City

• Registered Users Posts: 4,988 ✭✭✭Xander10

• Registered Users Posts: 10 AxelF84

Tried to get a good balance but Inevitably I always lean to the attacking side. Hoping dalot continues his good pre season, initially had martial in but after watching Nunez score 4 I think his confidence will be sky high against Fulham. Am I crazy leaving out Cancelo and TAA?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

2nd Draft...

Mendy...Forster

Trent...Gabriel...Neco Williams...Cancelo...Tanganga

Salah...Kulusevski...Saka...Ward-Prowse...Jacob Ramsey

Jesus...Nunez...Broja

Him and Trent I assumed were givens. What I meant was that the conversation is already which of Robbo and Diaz to go for, without throwing Nunez into the mix. Nunez has merit at his price if you could have unlimited Liverpool players, but he is still probably a bit down the pecking order for those precious 3 Liverpool spots that I assume everyone will use.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users Posts: 28 if in doubt

Working on the basis that I usually use a wildcard during the first international window, although with that not coming until after week 8 I’m not sure whether to stick to that or not.

Meslier / Sanchez

Both 4.5 and with the rotation pairing it’s home matches against Wolves, Everton, Forest, Leeds and Palace with away games against Southampton, West Ham and Brentford in the first 8 weeks up to the international window.

TAA, Cancelo, James, Zinchenko, Williams

Hoping Zinchenko will be OOP in midfield for Arsenal, happy to bring in White instead if not and keep the back 4 starting each week. Neco Williams is bench fodder for 4.

Mount, Diaz, Rashford, Ramsey, Pereira

No Salah obviously, preferring to use that money for the front 2. Rashford is there on pre-season form at the moment, can easily be replaced by Ward-Prowse or Odegaard if needed though. Ramsey is a rotation pair with Solanke leaving me between 442 and 433 each week. Pereira is perma benched for 4.5.

Haaland, Kane, Solanke

Can easily downgrade the main 2 to a combo of Jesus, Vardy, Havertz or Darwin to accommodation Salah after week 2 if he's tearing it up. 6 million on the bench every 2nd week with Solanke is a little bit of a waste but the lowest close to guaranteed starter is probably Mateta, with the Villa / Bournemouth rotation I’m leaning on Solanke for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭smodgley

Sa

Perisic Botman James

Son Aaronson Sancho Odegaard

Mitrovic Haaland Jesus

/Henderson Kongolo Malacia Bowen

I'd prefer Bailey to Ramsey. Cheaper and looking good in pre-season. If he stays fit, he could be great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Undecided between Kane and Haaland and might actually swap after GW1 and then again after GW2 based on fixtures. Happy enough with most of it though:

Mendy

TAA Robbo Cancelo Chillwell

Salah Martinelli Rashford Neto

Kane Jesus

Darlow N.Williams Pereira Greenwood

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

Anyone any feedback on my team? I have gambled a bit on Grealish/Rashford picks but have a lot of confidence in both players and I think both will score higher than people expect.

• Advertisement

Have a feeling Haaland could be a frustrating own this season, picked up his fair share of knocks in Germany. If he doesn't get some decent minutes under his belt in pre-season, I might start with Kane instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,115 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

My first draft is done.

Henderson & Bazunu (will swap one to a £4m once I see if I need to free up funds).

Zinchenko - guaranteed to play every week. If Tierney plays then he'll be in CM so I think it's a safe pick.

Spence - great price and I think he'll lock down a starting position.

TAA - very hard to not pick him.

N Williams - I have a feeling he's going to be playing further forward rather than RB and is priced very well.

Cucurella - have popped him in for the moment in the hopes he moves to City. If he doesn't make that transfer then I'll move him to James.

Salah - you'd be mad to leave him out.

Bowen - expecting another big season.

JWP - guaranteed starter and will play 90 minutes most weeks. Will get a few assists and goals over the season.

Foden - I know I'm dicing with Pep roulette but I think we'll be seeing Foden play most weeks.

Bailey - cheaper option who'll play plenty of he can stay fit.

Mitrovic - coming off an excellent season in the championship and hoping he does better than last time in the PL.

Awoniyi - bit of a gamble but one worth taking. Will have up to £7.5m if I make a switch.

Nunez - I think he's going to get plenty of minutes in the first few weeks before he nails down a starting position but I still think he'll score well.

Anyone have any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

9 players with new clubs and one just back in the PL.

Stick to the players who have proven it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Mendy (Sanchez)

TAA, Laporte, James, Tomiyasu (N. Williams)

Martinelli, KdB, Diaz, Bowen (Andreas)

Nunez, Jesus (Mitrovic)

I'll probably rejig

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I think the big decision on all these teams is 2 premiums v 3 premiums.

I’ve a nice team with 3 premiums, in fact a very good team. But I feel we could be looking at rotations & injuries as it’s an earlier start then normal to season. So maybe I need to fill up the bench a wee bit

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

3 premium team:

Raya (4mil fodder)

TAA Cancelo James (Justin, N.Williams)

Salah Son KdB Neto Bailey

Toney Wilson (Greenwood)

My only reservation is perhaps downgrading one of the 3 premium mids & using the funds on the bench

Ive done one with Salah, Kane and Haaland. It's a good 11 but no bench so doubt I'll be brave enough to go with it.

I've just done the same but strongly considering going with it:

Mendy

TAA Cancelo James Dalot

Salah Rashford Neto Bailey

Haaland Kane

Darlow N. Williams Pereira Greenwood

Would you be tempted to downgrade Neto to another 4.5 and upgrade Williams to a 5m defender? Think there could be good value there - Zinchenko/Gabriel/Trippier/Walker

• Advertisement

Thats a good idea but just went James to Zinchenko and Bailey to Bruno G as it seems to balance the midfield more, still considering going with it as I only lose Robbo, Jesus and Martinelli from previous draft and gain Haaland.

Advertisement