Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Price of gym classes

• 11-07-2022 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Just wondering if anyone does ad hoc gym classes what price are you paying per class?

I'm a bit new to all this and I got quoted €100 a month for 8 cardio/hiit style classes which is €12.50 per class and I'm curious if that would be the standard price for this type of thing or if it's a bit on the high side compared to a full gym membership?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

That’s a typical price, more or less.

Possibly on the lower side even, for some locations and facilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Lagombi

Thanks, that's reassuring. In trying to research it a lot of places just list the price of gym membership which includes free classes, so I wasn't sure what the typical price per class would be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Almost all commercial gyms are less than 100 per month with plenty of free classes in most.

Going to a class orientated place will be more expensive (and probably better quality)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 qba73

For 100E you could buy all required equipment, a book and do it yourself. No need to spend too much money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,892 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Having an instructor and a class around you with a specific time that it’s on can help with motivation

Not as easy for some if they’re just going into another room in the house. Easy to do the ‘ah I’ll do it tomorrow instead’, so the extra money for classes might be worth it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

I’m a home gym guy, I love it, but clearly it is not for everyone, for a variety of reasons.

One being it will not suit those looking for a social or competitive component to their training…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭rob316

My flyefit membership is €29 a month and includes unlimited classes. €100 seems an awful lot for a fitness gym, I used to pay that for an mma gym per month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I would say the classes included in gym memberships can often be very poor compared to standalone, separate classes and the level of programming and instruction etc. This can often be because the standalone classes are delivered by trainers paid specifically for teh class and so their next pay cheque may depend on numbers attending or demand being consistent etc. unlike a gym where staff might have to just give a set # of classes per week as part of their pay.

Advertisement