Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf buddy apps?

Options
  • 11-07-2022 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone, hope you're all scoring well lately!

I've been struggling to find any other golfers to get out for a round with and was hoping to see if anyone had recommendations for any apps or possible Facebook pages that could help with finding any new playing partners... like a Tinder for golf buddies, i guess?? I'm not currently under membership anywhere and looking to find anyone in a similar situation.

Mods feel free to delete this if its inappropriate, although perhaps it's good to have a "Golf buddy" thread where people can post to find others to get a round in with here on boards?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭blue note

I'm not aware of an app for it although there could be one. I remember hearing of one for hurling a few years ago - puckaround or something like that. It got a bit of use too - lads just looking for someone to puck a ball with.

Here can be good too. It's a good idea for a thread (if there's not one already).

Or talk to the pro shop where you're looking to play. They might be able to pair you with someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,970 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

plenty of threads pop up here looking for golf buddys.

OP I recommend you stick a bit of info down as to where you are located and when you would like to play and courses you are interested in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,531 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

There was definitely an "Arrange a Game" thread running for a good while on here, probably drooped off the radar during Covid

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭zocklie

Also looking for something similar / people to play with, based in south dublin.

Advertisement