Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitchen Designers in Kerry - recommendations

• 12-07-2022 1:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭

Hi All......

I am starting from scratch with a blank shell ready to fix a NEW kitchen.

So am looking to send discuss my measurements with a designer and ask for ideas as to what is best in materials , colour and design. Anyone on here from Kerry that can recommend someone to me. Am looking then to go from design to build and then fit..... so the complete package.

I can see there are a few well known Kitchen people in Kerry (Leanes, Cash n Carry Kitchens) ... but dont know who is best /wordt.

Also - anyone got any tips for em to watch out for - would be grateful for any advice.

Many Thanks

Sikky

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,094 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Leane's fitted out our kitchen when we bought a house 30 odd years ago, and a good job was done.

In recent years our son decided to replace it, so we decided to let him get on with it. There were more units fitted and more floor and wall space used when the new kitchen was fitted. They all look good in brochures 😀

The most noticeable "problem" was that none of the fitted units were as deep as the ones fitted by Leanes all those years ago, so despite there being more floor and wall coverage, we ended up with a lot less storage space than we had before. There wasn't enough room in the new units for all the stuff that comfortably fitted the Leanes units, and the excess ended up being stored in another room altogether.

Another problem that only materialised afterwards was that the MDF plinths weren't treated to prevent them sucking up liquids, so after washing the floor a few times, the liquid got in and the wood was completely discoloured. I'm not mentioning the name of the North Kerry people who did the job, but had it been my decision I wouldn't have used them.

That's my two cents 😲

Advertisement