Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PPI REFUND

• 12-07-2022 6:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Any one received a call from ebs bank about PPI Mistake.... Apparently I have 2 cheques coming my way for 2013 to 2014... Anyone know what the average payout is?

Answers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Weren't there a lot of scams going around about this? I guess be careful about what personal information you share.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,375 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Simple answer share nothing. Say thank you and wait.

There's nothing coming....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭macvin

If you had ppi with an EBS mortgage you may be due a refund

The error was found in June 2020 and they've been checking all accounts

https://www.ebs.ie/ppi-removed-borrower-faqs

But you don't have to give any details as they have everything. The phone call was probably just giving you heads up on what it is.

It won't be a fortune, might be a couple of hundred.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The main thing to bear in mind is this: if anyone says you're getting a refund/rebate and they ask for the security number from your debit/credit card, it's 100% a scam.

You can credit money to a credit card or current account without the number off the back of the card so do not give it out. Unless you're buying from a trusted website.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 pke83

Yes I received a call and apparently I have 2 cheques coming from 2013/2014. I rang my local branch to see if it was a scam but turns out it's legit...hope it's a nice amount 🙏

Advertisement