Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hot Spell - Saturday 16th July onwards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

High cloud spilling in from the southwest, this will cap temperatures from rising much further for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Plenty accurate. That reading has been checked and verified as legit, just like a host of other stations' readings at the time. After all, these reading set the basis for the pre-industrial temperature baseline.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

06Z ECM 6-hr max temperature around 31 in the Kildare/Meath/Dublin triple point on Monday. A forecast sounding for right in the middle of it, showing slight surface cooling at that stage, surface temperature 28.4. Mid-high level seems present. In general, it's slightly smaller 30+ area.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭Mech1

Temps slightly rising here as the breeze dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,147 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Monday afternoon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭pauldry

Raining in Sligo now again. But warm as the temperature dared to go over 20c. How dare it?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

At the Tour de France, its 40C on the final climb...they really want to torture them this year.

When it comes to Kilkenny's record high temperature. It was investigated at the time and it was found that everything had been working correctly.

One should take into account the topography of Kilkenny. The weather station then at Kilkenny castle which has a good sized park. About 700ft lower than the top of the hills that surround the county, so its like a saucer, which helps build heat and shield the center of the county from breezes.

It is the same reason why it can also have some of the lower night temperatures in winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Little snowy old me

It looks like today's highest temperatures are capping at 25°C. I would have thought a 27° or a 28° would have been achieved today. Unless tomorrow brings a surge in cloud free heat and pushes temps close to 30°, I cannot see 31° or 32° being reached on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Spits of rain here in Carrick but nothing serious, so warm though 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭pad199207

high so far in Kildare 24.9°

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Gone very overcast in East Cork now. Nice day though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Quite hazy now, topped out at around 24c just before 2pm. Breeze has increased too, now a steady 10mph.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭firemansam4

Absolutely lashing rain for the past hour now in North Donegal. No fear of any drought here for this spell of hot weather anyway.

Just passed by the entrance at a local beach and there is a max exodus happening now, ide say many didn't get the memo about the rain forecast for here today...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭mcburns07

How did Met get this so wrong? Could see lots of cloud rolling in off SW and W and NW yet they said there'd only be showers in N and NW. Currently looks like showers in all Atlantic counties.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Met Eireanns forecast for Monday lowers the temperature in my area from 32 to 30C but generally has 32C in more places including the midlands.

Will today's cloud and rain not bring lower maxes now. It looked good this morning but the rain has been more widespread I think than they envisaged though ye in Meath are still dry

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Dry in Cork city but very cloudy now and feels cooler than any time since Wednesday 10 days ago. 19.4c on my station

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Feels like warmer air arriving in Greystones now.

Have had a fairly strong SE breeze all day (still quite strong). Was 19c for much of the day and actually chilly to sit out in the breeze. Now 21.5c and nice to sit out in.

Temps rising again here D16, this is odd!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,173 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Ah seriously it's raining in West Clare. What the actual fcuk. Setting up a tent at the moment.

Pretty unusual 24°c.

It's a lidl yoke, so I'm not claiming it is accurate but it's going up.

ICON AND GFS going for low 30s still in a few places Monday

GFS wants to keep the warmth for the East on Tuesday

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

On the way up here too in Greystones. Warmer air arriving.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

25C at Dunshaughlin, that is 3C higher than any of the GFS runs forcasted for my location today. Last Monday it forcasted 24 and we ended up with 27C.

The GFS 12z is back showing 31C for here on Monday so add on the usual couple of degrees and that gets us to 33 or 34C. It now shows 26C for Tuesday so that could potentially get us to 28 or 29C briefly on the Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭Cork2021

Raining here in kanturk north cork!! WTF!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

I have an older version of that I bought ages ago, I checked it against other thermometers and it’s as accurate as any of them. It’s surprisingly warm inside your house, mine is at 19.3°C the highest it’s been this year. (It’s 23.2°C outside)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,173 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Nothing isolated about them showers, and they look to be piling in behind. Very unsure of what to do.

West Clare.

• Advertisement

I think small upgrades all round so far this evening

Advertisement