Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hot Spell - Saturday 16th July onwards

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

GEM now has widespread low 30s across almost the entire Leinster away from coasts and parts of Munster too. Eastern areas hold onto the heat for Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭pauldry

I don't care anymore! It's raining.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭Mech1

All intended heat in the house, laminate flooring got lifted yesterday after a big leak, gotta dry out the concrete before new floors go in next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Ozvaldo

Dark cloudy pish cork city

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Big upgrades for rain here in Donegal , it has rained most of the day lol

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Arpege going for 32C tomorrow around Limerick/Shannon. High twenties most other areas.

Big upgrade from the Arpege with 31 to 33c widespread across the country and 34C around Shannon on Monday.

Temperatures stay low to mid twenties throughout the night across Leinster.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Popcorn cloud ahead of the band extending from the southwest towards us here in South Laois.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭US3

Currently lashing rain in Limerick did not expect this atall!!

The models are perhaps slowing down the speedy exit of the heat on Tuesday. Arpege keeps much of Leinster, midlands and munster in mid to high 20s.

Would love to see further upgrades in slowing down the exit on Tuesday.

Isolated shower has been ongoing for 6 7 hours 😛

• Advertisement

I never watch Virgin media news but caught a glimpse of it there, they were interviewing who I assume was a meteorologist(not recognisable to me). He gives the all time record a chance of being broken, not predicting it but a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

There is a chance, plus we've a better observation network now-a-days despite underfunding of the Met Service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Bang average mild and overcast summer’s day in Cork, hopefully tomorrow is warmer and sunnier.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

It was pleasant enough, not too warm. I was a little surprised by the few drops of rain. June seems like sooo long ago, eh?

Very cloudy evening now here in Meath. Still 24C but it feels warmer now than it did earlier when it was 25C and sunny. The upper air temperatures are rising quickly now and it's starting to feel very humid and sticky indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭Dazler97

33c in dublin on Monday, i hope we have a record breaking temperature, shame England getting 40c that would be insane here to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

A forecast to be banked, whether it verifies or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Cracking day down Bray seafront, lots of sunshine & massive crowds out, pretty warm but pleasant with a slight breeze. It's gone very heavy in the last 30 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭Dazler97

I hope so, I'm to have 32c so i ain't complaining

I never thought I'd live to see the day where I'd see a 33C on a Met Eireann forecast. That 33C is Castleknock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭esposito

Siobhan Ryan after the 6 news said potentially records could be broken. Met E starting to believe now. It will still be touch and go of course but I’m more optimistic now than I was yesterday morning.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Great day in Kerry until cloud pushed in late afternoon and got a bit of light rain but barely wet the place. Got a reading of 24.6C here and currently 18.8C

Nice Sat pic from NASA below of the LP off Portugal helping to steer in the upcoming blast of hot air.

Last Sat Pic showing up the smoke plume from the fires near Bordeaux

Post edited by Meteorite58 on

Expected Temperature gradient across Dublin is extraordinary. 18-33.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Bit of a spread in the models for where gets tomorrows maximum temperatures and a slight dofference in how warm, there is a grouping showing around Limerick Shannon /Clare getting very warm, ARPEGE tops it by far, is it overdoing it though or like recently when it picked out Dublin getting up between 27 and 28C is it on to something. HIRLAM doesn't get much of a showing these days, showing very hot more in the midlands / East than the Limerick area. Will see.

ICON mid to high 20's and showing especially warm around Dublin.

Plenty of sunshine tomorrow if perhaps somewhat hazy .

WRF is a steady model.

Again ARPEGE leading the way for Monday, HIRLAM showing very high temperatures also more towards the middle of the country, are the High Res models picking up the finer detail?? Just looking back over the last run and ARPEGE got the 25C today around Shannon and actually under forecast forecast around Kilkenny and Dublin. Can I change my entry in the forecast competition ? 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 33,616 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Yeah the graphs can't get any redder.

They make it look like we are all going to melt.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,716 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I think there is a lot to be said for another mass

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Yes, they are April fool jokes on 16 July, you got it in one. Funny eh?! Though you do seem to be more angry than laughing. So very, very, angry.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭almostthere12

Again people reading the charts all wrong........the red in Tipp is from the hot air emanating from your good self

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Blue sky starting to come in over the ocean on the west cork coast. There is a breeze, but it's warm, continental type breeze/ Lanzarote type breeze... Different then usual

Advertisement