Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hot Spell - Saturday 16th July onwards

Options
1525354555658»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Looking back at yesterdays temperatures on met.ie, Casement maxed out at 27.4, phoenix park 27 and even Dublin airport again managed 26.8 degrees. On any given summer, those would all be considered great temperatures but this July they became the norm.

Oak Park managed 27.5 degrees yesterday edging Casement by 0.1 as the hottest location yesterday.

Today actually felt refreshing with a cool 21 degree maximum.

I gotta say its been really enjoyable following the weather over the past week or two, the models seemed to perform really well with predicting the temperatures from a good number of days out. Its unusual to see them get it so right from well in advance of the event itself, really impressive. I agree with others that if the cloud had stayed at bay on Monday for another 1-2 extra hours, we could well have seen Phoenix park go northwards of 34 degrees and maybe even push towards 35. At least it shows that its possible but it requires a lot of factors to go right. Great weather event and I stand over July being a really nice month so far (even if i can only really comment for Dublin having not travelled this month).

4 of the last 5 years make up 4 of top 5 hottest days on record for them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Temperatures here at Dunshaughlin over the past 2 weeks:

July 5th - 20C

July 6th - 20C

July 7th - 22C

July 8th - 21C

July 9th - 21C

July 10th - 21C

July 11th - 27C

July 12th - 22C

July 13th - 19C

July 14th - 20C

July 15th - 21C

July 16th - 22C

July 17th - 28C

July 18th - 30C

July 19th - 27C

Mean temperature for July up to yesterday is 17.0C. Rainfall less than 7mm. Lack of sunshine the only missing ingredient for a classic month.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Pretty sure today was the first day in 14 days we didn't get 20c in Cork (assume we didn't today). Cracking spell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭esposito

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I wouldn't really call it a thunderstorm but there was thunder to my east for about 10 or 15 minutes, didn't see any lightning, most of the thunder was rumbles in the distance, 1 loud clap of thunder, no rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭esposito

We had a small thunderstorm if you can call it that in Dublin yesterday. Plenty of rumbles, a few very loud claps of thunder, saw some flashes of lightning, not much rain though. It capped off a terrific few days. As you said, the only missing ingredient was prolonged sunshine. I guess with plumes from Spain/Africa there will always be plenty of cloud.

Advertisement