Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Internet to an office shed

Options
  • 13-07-2022 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

I'm setting up a home office shed in the back yard. It's 10+ metres from the back of my house. When I stand there with my phone I can't get a connection to my Eir WiFi router (in the house living room).

What are some solutions to get the Internet to the shed?

Moving the wiring and router to a room closer and vis-a-vis the shed?

There is power to the shed, are power line adaptors reliable?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

I used Linksys Powerline adaptors to get internet connection to my shed. I found them unreliable initially but once I upgraded my router (went from Netgear to EERO) the connection is rock solid (using wired and wireless connection in the shed).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭zg3409

Powerline adapter should be ok, and you may need a second WiFi router for garden. Try to mount the powerline adapter in the house close to where the cable to the shed is connected. Ideally you would run a network cable to the shed during the build, but it probably won't be necessary

Advertisement