Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interview with the Vampire - AMC - US Pace (***Spoilers***)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I eh... hmmm.. looks a bit CW level of production

• Registered Users Posts: 60,558 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 86,241 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Series premiere: Louis de Pointe du Lac (Game of Thrones‘ Jacob Anderson) tells a journalist the story of how he met the vampire Lestat (The Newsreader‘s Sam Reid) in 1910 New Orleans.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,476 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

I'm liking this so far

• Advertisement

Yeah it’s really good those two episodes were very enjoyable and a nice way to tie in the pandemic to update it to now.

That was a great episode this week.

Looking forward to the rampage Claudia is going to go on.

The role of Claudia recast for season 2

Interesting.

I liked the series, but the ageing up of Claudia's character ruined it for me in the end. It was just too far from the books.

In the books, Claudia was turned as a 5 year old. That was the whole point. She was the forbidden vampire child - cursed to live in the body of a young child forever.

Not a moody vampire teenager who could pass as an adult in the right outfit.

I will probably watch the second season, as it's worth watching for Sam Reid as Lestat.

As an aside, The Mayfair Witches, AMC's other Anne Rice series, was ruined (for me) by the characterisation and casting choice for the main character. I won't be bothering with the second series of that.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I haven’t read the books though I have wanted to but isn’t Claudia supposed to stay the age she was when she was turned?

Is this show or the Mayfair Witches being aired or streamed over here? JustWatch says no but I’m surprised at that since they have been well received in the US and other countries.

I really enjoyed SALEM and it was a pity that it got cancelled - it was the perfect kind of creepy and twisted. Is Mayfair Witches any like it?

• Advertisement

I haven’t read the books though I have wanted to but isn’t Claudia supposed to stay the age she was when she was turned?

Yes. To put it simply, there are ancient rules that have allowed vampires to exist undetected amongst humans for thousands of years, and one of them was it was forbidden to turn a child.

It is the breaking of that rule, and the very existence of Claudia, that brings Lestat and Louis into conflict with .... well, spoilers!

I'm not familiar with Salem, I may check it out! I didn't like The Mayfair Witches (tv show). Some other significant changes (including merging two characters into one) put me off.

I always say, read the books! You won't regret it.

(Except when you're watching a TV show/movie adaptation and go "ah ffs, why did they change that?")

It starts on Thursday, 12th October 2023 at 9pm on BBC Two and the BBC iPlayer

First look at season 2 which starts early 2024

• Registered Users Posts: 5,314 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Watching this on bbc2, it’s not great am thinking of giving up after 3 episodes. I love the movie but this series is a bit cr@p.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 peculiargroove

I had the same opinion but I stuck it out & I'm glad I did. It gets better and the actors grow into the roles.

Season 2 teaser

Starts May 12th

Picking up from the bloody events in New Orleans in 1940 when Louis and Claudia conspired to kill Lestat, Louis tells of his adventures in Europe, a quest to discover Old World Vampires, and the Theatre Des Vampires in Paris. It is in Paris that Louis first meets the Vampire Armand. Their courtship and love affair will prove to have devastating consequences both in the past and in the future, and Molloy will probe to get to the truths buried within the memories.

Season 2 full trailer

Starts May 12th

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

Anyone watching Season Two?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,519 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Is this worth starting?

I've two episodes left to watch.. it's good, but I find some of the dialogue very "heavy"? (though very Anne Rice). I prefer the new actress playing Claudia over the original.

Not enough Lestat. Lol.

I think so, yes. Have you watched Season 1? Or read the books?

Enjoyed the season 2, It wasn't as strong as the first season.

Also wasn't expecting that ending.

Yes, I have to say I did enjoy the last two episodes. The casting has been outstanding.

Extra special mention to Ben Daniels as the Vampire Santiago.

I am glad they circled it around and ended Claudia's story arc authentically, in line with the books.

Advertisement