Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stray Cats

• 14-07-2022 7:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭

Two cats were dumped in our area approx 5 months ago. They have been causing havoc ! We can’t have any windows or doors open as they try to get in. They have jumped into car boots and pee/ sprayed there. Fighting with local cats ..preying on older cats , eating their food , generally making life difficult for us all. Any advice on how to go about getting rid of these cats? I have tried a few cat rescue services but they were only interested in neuter and return to the community. Any ideas ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭keithb93

Surely neuter and return to the community would remove most of the problems such as fighting, preying on older cats etc? It sounds like someone was dealing with the same problems as you are 5 months ago and "relocated" them.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

TNR, they will improve dramatically, it is a guaranteed fix. They will still eat food but that's just as easily resolved, leave some food for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,433 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Neutering takes care of much of the aggression and spraying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭Acosta

As others have said, neutering the cats is the way to go. This will solve the aggression and spraying. I know there's a vet in Midleton that you can pay to come out, catch them, take them away to get spayed and then return them the following day. Think they do it for cheap if their stray cats.

Animal Care Hospital in Douglas does it too. Those cats are too far past being adopted or even fostered. Snippety snip is the only way. Ask neighbours if any would be OK with feeding them/providing winter shelters for them. I know I would.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9 Uliana

Yes! The same happened to us as well. We are down in Waterford, and it often happens here. We neuter them and bring them to cat rescue, but what else can you really do? It's not their fault that people are so cruel.

Yes! The same happened to us as well. We are down in Waterford, and it often happens here. We neuter them and bring them to cat rescue, but what else can you really do? It's not their fault that people are so cruel.

Here are some guidelines of what to do if you find a stray cat from ISPSA

Please let me know how it went for you

• Registered Users Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭sporina

not as invasive but we have e'm too - 3 of 'em.. grr.. can't stand them - always looking in thru' the sliding doors out the back.. grr.. on the up side - we don't have any mice ha ha

• Advertisement
Advertisement