Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing Provider from EIR to VF due to price increase

Options
  • 14-07-2022 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Hi all,

Following the announcement that EIR are increasing their prices by €5 a month I decided that I would switch to VF at the €35 a month rate. I have switched Provider a few times over the years so am OK on the process. The only difference this time is that i have to have my cancellation in with EIR by the 18th as that is the date in the email they sent to break the contract due to the price increase. The VF install isn't going to be done until the 21st(I signed up ten days ago). I was speaking to an EIR technician who advised me that if I cancel the service before VF do the port that it becomes a new line installation instead of a port and that can take longer. The VF technician said that doesn't sound correct at it should all still be OK from the VF side(no earlier installs available in any case). Any one has any experience of this before? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 dontknowyet1

Hi rebellad,

Pity nobody responded, as I am in the same boat and am going to ring vodafone only now to switch to them, any advice.

My date is the 23rd of July from Eir.

Do you think that I will be penalised by Eir, as the vodafone installation wont be done until I presume August.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭Glaceon

I think Eir are correct here. Normally the recommendation would be not to cancel with your old provider at all. Your new provider will do everything needed to move service and close the old account. But I don't know how it works with the deadline in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 dontknowyet1

Thanks for your comment Glaceon.

Advertisement