Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attitudes towards defilement of girls under 16 years of age in Britain.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Everlong1

Actually you have inspired me to review my post and I now realise that in fact I was wrong in one respect by mentioning 10 year olds - as far as the fashion industry is concerned, 10 year olds are past it, lads! They prefer to start grooming the kids at 7 years. Be careful now: the below link refers to actual, undisputed facts which you, Lmao10 and the other pitchfork and torch wielding hysterics on this thread may find a little uncomfortable.

Primark blasted for selling 'padded' bras to children (cosmopolitan.com)

Actually I should have posted the below which describes the outcome of the Primark fiasco:

Primark to stop selling children's padded bikini tops | Primark | The Guardian

Astonishingly, it appears I'm not the only one who thinks kids are being sexualised by the fashion industry. RobbietheRobber - are all the politicians and other concerned parents quoted in the attached article closet paedos too do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

I found out some things about Pete Townshend that I didn't like. And all I'll say is - and I said it to his face - where is the book?

Lol. Still beating the "boards.ie is a racist hive of scum and villainy" drum?

You sure spend a lot of time on what you consider a racist site Robbie.

And you must be joking? Asking someone to be specific about the posters they are referring to?

You regularly make vague comments to infer that people who think differently to you are racist etc. This normally DEFLECTS from the subject at hand and causes friction with responses because people don't like to be falsely inferred as a racist tend to react passionately which gets a thread SHUT DOWN.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭lmao10

He's entitled to his opinion and he doesn't have to explain himself to you. Some people think that there are a lot of racists on this site. If that bothers you so much, that's unfortunate.

• Advertisement

And yet I'm not entitled to my opinion which you labelled disgusting. And I'm expected to jump through hoops to explain that I'm not a paedo. People are only entitled to their opinions when you agree with them, is that it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Poster holds up Tommy the racist yaxley lennon sorry Robinson as a hero. A genuine bona-fide fuckin racist and here you are stalking my posts as if I said something wrong.

Hugs and kisses to you my follower.

Anyway what exactly in your post is about anything I posted?

Because I couldn't care what you think about me so not sure why you would bother taking about me as a person rather than address anything in my post. Oh and isn't it agaisnt the forum rules?

Stay classy the dunne.

Eh no not paying deflection with you.

You said ten year olds in yoga pants look like prostitutes. Is that still your position?

people are twisting it

Get used to it. It's what a variety of posters who tend to join these kind of threads do... as opposed to countering what the poster has stated, of course.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Get down off your high horse.

They said what they said. Instead of taking issue with the implication that 10-year-olds are dressing like prostitutes and coming to that by looking at their arses, you've decided to play deflection.

They said what they said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

I still think it was quite clear what they were trying to say. But unfortunately everyone who acknowledges this gets labelled a paedo. It’s quite sad really.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,110 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

There's no need to twist anything. Let's remind ourselves of what the poster said; "children as young as ten strutting around in spray on yoga pants bet up their ass".

Clearly nobody interested in discussing the actual point I was making then...for now anyway. Sighs

I know I shouldn't bother, but I keep hoping against hope that just once in a while, I might actually find objective, intellectually rigorous adults on this site who are interested in having grown up discussions about real issues. I knew full well of course that my post would attract the usual shrieks of outrage from the woke brigade who can never see the wood for the trees and I predicted as much in my post. I certainly wasn't disappointed there anyway. They're as predictable as an episode of Coronation Street.

Ta ra for now dears. Have fun and maybe try reading a book now and then. They're quite good for you, you know.

Look. It's easy enough. All females, regardless of age, can and will dress whatever way they want (or their parents want), and the possible risks don't matter. It doesn't matter the perspectives of other people, it doesn't matter that we have a growing population of cultures/religions with stricter sensibilities towards the fashions worn by women, it doesn't matter... well.. none of it matters.

There are no valid consequences as a result of what a person wears, because victims bear zero responsibility for what happens to them. Just as the people who advocate for less social norms/boundaries in behaviour, bear no responsibility for what happens as a result of the agendas they push. Responsibility for personal safety, or acknowledging the real risks within the world.. are irrelevant.

That's the world we live in now. It is what it is... and it's not going to change any time soon. No point pushing against it, because those involved aren't going to listen, and will attack you for introducing logic/rational thinking that might shake the foundations of their utopian reality.

All you can do is look after those close to you, hope they avoid all of this nonsense, learn to take care of themselves, and hope that society comes to its senses before too much pain is caused.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭MakersMark

It's all down to the Woke Minority Top Trumps

Trans > Gay > Muslim > White girls.

What melts the lefties heads is when a Muslim denounces gay activity.

It's like an endless confusion loop.

Doesn't bother me at all. I just know that I wouldn't frequent a site I thought was racist.

I'm entitled to my opinion too.

But it is cute that you can speak for Robbie.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,110 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Given that my sarcasm detector seems to be picking up trace readings there, would you like to clarify to what extent rape victims or sexually abused children can be blamed for what clothes they wear. Does this make them 50% responsible, in your opinion? Or what would your percentage be?

The only 'endless confusion loop' is in your own head. Can you point to any examples of when 'lefties' got confused when a muslim denounced gay activity please?

In case it shows something that confirms what Everlong said.

The Fail is mostly trash - especially towards women - but that doesn't mean absolutely every word in it is trash.

Spray-on tight leggings are not appropriate for children.

You have to admit that the wording was exceptionally clumsy , needlessly evocative and you should have known how easy it could be twisted by people who will gladly take any excuse to derail.

You need to take responsibility for your part in that.

I don't think I broke a forum rule Robbie. I don't think of you as a person. I really don't.

I was referring to your posts and the common theme within them. Often in bad faith and undoubtedly always less than generous with regards your interpretation of others you disagree with.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Thats pretty much it.

The last sentence is the only way to live your life these days.

• Advertisement

Given that my detector of predicable misrepresentation and spouting of tropes may be broken, would you like to reassert your opinion that anyone should be allowed walk around naked without fear of being assaulted or sexualised and that they bear no responsibility for their own safety?

Nobody has said that anyone except the rapist/abuser is at fault, but rather that people should be aware of potential dangers and to everything within their power to mitigate any risk they or the ones they are responsible for may encounter.

But I suppose... Victim blaming?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,951 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Disgusting lanuguage for an adult to use about a child of ten.

Creepy post. Even for here, I cant believe people are defending that language. Instead of apologising, the user is doubling down and pretending to be misundersood. And then the comments, oh you should not not used that language because you should know they would take it the wrong way. Unreal.

And they are not Yoga Pants, there are not many children of ten going to Yoga, they are leggings, and everyone wears them, from 8 to 80. Only a complete weirdo would make the "bet up their ass" comment.

Would the same be said about the kids of ten wearing their swim togs on holidays or the beach?

By the way, I'd not express that view in public if I were the person making the comments. There would not be much tolerance in the Community for an adult using those disgusting terms about a ten year old child. Proper order.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Didn't see anyone label him a paedophile.

That poster spoke about 10 year old girls arses for the simple reason they wear leggings (like many girls of all shapes and sizes).

We see constant threads here of drag queens reading books claiming to be sexualising children, but someone literally makes a remark about a 10 year old girls arse and it's defended to the hilt by the same people who are dragging the queens.

They said what they said. Get your **** together, lads.

Thanks. 😁

I've learned my lesson with regards to Andrew (and posters with similar posting "styles"). You've got far more patience than I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,951 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Teenage girls (and boys) can feel like they have to have sex, for fear of being labelled frigid.

**** me the dunne what a way to try and elevate boards to some sort of position of authority. As if in some vain way to justify the time wasted arguing about whether this person is a woman or that person is a man.

Meanwhile life goes by and your children grows old and here we are arguing on the Internet about if it is OK to call a ten year old in yoga pants a prostitue.

Funny old world

#bad faith #common theme

Post edited by RobbieTheRobber on

Nobody called a ten-year-old in yoga pants a prostitute.

What in the name of Jaysus has that poor woman's suicide got to do with the thread?

What happened to her was absolutely dreadful. She wasn't well when she walked down Harcourt St naked, I doubt very much she would have chosen to do so had she been of sounder mind.

Why would you use her death to make a point?

• Advertisement

The poster Everlong was saying that there are ten-year-olds wearing clothing that is too grown-up for their years, and people are mostly pretending not to know that that's what they meant (because they feel obliged to attack and twist anything that might be perceived as slightly conservative, because THAT's the issue, not children being given inappropriate messages) - not anything derogatory towards said ten-year-olds, seeing as ten-year-olds don't usually buy their clothes, and the issue is with their parents/societal trends.

One person seems to think Everlong was genuinely being derogatory towards said hypothetical ten-year-olds, but I don't get how. Coarse language yes, but otherwise...? Like what else could they have meant?

Advertisement