Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attitudes towards defilement of girls under 16 years of age in Britain.

123457»

Comments

Fascinating to see your conclusion that we absolutely can't control the reactions of males to certain items of clothing

And there we have it. First sentence. Misrepresentation of the statements made, followed up by the interjection of your own points, and then, you arguing against yourself while assuming a position of judgment/higher morality.

It is literally victim-blaming at it's finest? Well, yes, because you've decided to change what was said to project such a position.

It is quite funny actually.. that even after I stated why I didn't want to engage with you, that you went ahead repeating the exact same behaviour.. amazing really.

I'm not sure you're on firm ground with your suggestion that leggings 'are designed to increase attention' from males. They're really designed for comfort and flexibility afaik.

Not one single mention of leggings in any of my posts.. But then you're not responding to what I've written.

So, I'll leave it to others in discussing this with you, because I can't be bothered. You're such a dishonest poster.. (Mods the proof of that claim is with this post. Not an insult.. a statement of fact, proven by the poster himself)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,491 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Sure because in your grandmothers day there was no sexual assault or systematic abuse of children because they were all wrapped up. 🙄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,491 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I really hope none of ye were near a beach the last few days.

😕

Nowhere did I even hint that - your post has no relevance to my post that you're responding to.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,220 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

the dunne threadbanned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

Is there some alternative dimension version of Boards where someone said that and you’ve broken through the 4th dimension and posted in response to it here??

What post has said above Boggles??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭political analyst

If a teenage girl is subject to coercive behaviour then other girls would go to her defence because of the idea of the sisterhood. Girls stick together, don't they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,390 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I referred to males instead of men to include those under 18. No idea why this is a lol for you.

I'll leave the broader issues drop, seeing as you won't be around to answer.

Apologies on the leggings issue, I was confusing your comment with @[Deleted User]'s comment.

On the broader issue, it IS what you said though; "You can say that someone is dressing for themselves, but you can't control what others think when they see you dressed that way. ". We can't control male reactions so women have to do all the mitigating of the risk of being assaulted by males, choosing what they wear, where they go, how much they drink. Why don't we put the mitigation responsibility onto men? Maybe a curfew on nights out? Maybe some surgical or medical intervention to help get control of their actions? Whatever it takes really, instead of imposing arbitrary rules on women.

That's an interesting strand of feminism, where you stand up for the rights of girls provided that they meet your own personal standards of dress code, including what particular style of leggings they choose to wear. If your best argument against me is based on what post I apparently liked, you're not really up there on strong arguements.

It was @[Deleted User] who brought up the situation of a person walking around naked, not me.

And NOBODY said anything about a strand of feminism that only stands up for girls based on what they wear. That's just another thing fabricated by that individual.

What I am saying is that parents shouldn't let their young kids dress in clothing that's too grown-up for them. They're too young, there's plenty of time.

As we ALL (every one of us) know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Girls don't think with a hive mind and each one is likely to react to a situation in a different way.

Some people are more susceptible to coercion than others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭political analyst

I was thinking of the idea of the sisterhood, not the hive mind. Surely, you've heard of 'girl power', haven't you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Its a slogan though not some universal truth. What is a fact is many people are victims and many of those events happen in the presence of others. So no I don't believe the sisterhood offers some magic protection to women from abuse.

Advertisement