Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tool roll advice and recommendations

Options
  • 14-07-2022 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭

I just got refunded for a faulty handlebar bag from see.sense, and while looking at their website, their tool roll caught my eye.

Having said that, I'm a bit leery of buying another bag from them.

Topeak do a burrito tool roll for similar money, I have some of their other bags, and I'm very happy with them.

Anybody have either bag, or recommendations for another brand, or have you used a tool roll and gone back to a saddle bag?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭cletus

I wouldn't normally be one for bumping a thread, but surely someone, somewhere has an opinion on tool rolls Vs saddle bags

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Mr. Cats

I bought a silca one with the boa dial on here but didn’t get along well it. I found it didn’t look ‘neat’ and was a bit too much faffing around compared to a regular bag. I later sold it on here & then the new owner had an issue with the boa. I think he was getting onto silca about but didn’t hear the outcome.

I’d say it’s fine if you have particular tool needs that it can solve that a regular bag or tool bottle won’t. Otherwise I would stick with a bag as it’s simpler, neater & less faffing generally. YMMV.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Side note: if you ever have a problem with a Boa you can get spare parts for free: https://www.boafit.com/en-gb/support/warranty

I've done it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭cletus

Thanks for that, appreciate it

Advertisement