Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grass fertiliser

Options
  • 15-07-2022 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

Hi all, i currently have approx 1/4 acre lawn and looking for suggestions for the best fertiliser to use. I applied fertiliser in June i bought ages ago but cant remember where i picked it up from.

Im looking to get nice lush green grass, any particular site that you use for products? I dont intend on using fertiliser until August but want to scout around now.

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,686 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

August is a poor month to spread fertiliser. You're past the greening Spring/Summer phase and approaching September when you'd apply an Autumn fertiliser to help the grass through the Winter. Use any thing rated as Autumn feed. About 4% nitrogen and 8% potassium with around 6% Iron. Personally I gave up on Autumn feeding as I didn't see any benefits myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭monseiur

Any commercially available fertilizer is good for lawn, look for something with Nitrogen, Phosphorus & Nitrigen. End of March into April is the best time to apply only if weather is misty, damp - never apply in heavy rain as it will wash away. Never apply during dry sunny weather.

Advertisement