Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Earthing in my home

Options
  • 15-07-2022 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am looking to get a home charger installed for an EV and I had an installer do a survey yesterday evening. He said he couldn't see the wiring you would expect for water bonding in the hot press, gas bonding at the boiler and also couldn't see where the earth rod was.

In the fuseboard, there are three thick earth wires which he said would indicate that these cover these three items but it is not obvious where they are.

Has anyone seen this before? He said that I would need this cleared up before an installation of the charger could take place and also said it is very strange for a house like mine (built 2004) to not have all these in place

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭meercat

Although these cables may be terminated at the distribution board it’s possible they were not connected at the pipework or an earth rod installed

they should be visible and accessible for testing.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭JL spark

Your installer is on the money, safe just to get them installed before charger goes in ,

too many cowboys lashing them in ,

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

There is no shortage of poorly wired houses from that time.

Advertisement