Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do women dislike quiet men?

Options
13»

Comments

Depends on the woman/man obviously - we millions of people are varied and nuanced. No idea what causes such anger for someone to state "women want a quiet man to control" and "women think a quiet man is creepy".

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭erlichbachman

Is not really gender specific, insecure people often feel intimidated or judged when in the company of someone who doesn't verbalise their thoughts/feelings. I guess it could be argued that it is more toward women in general due to women having more of a need for social acceptance than men.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Its just different personality types.

There is the stereotype of the quiet and aloof loner but that's overly simplistic.

I'm a 'quiet' man. In a group, I'm not usually going to lead a conversation. When its a topic I have no interest in or knowledge of, I'm not going to say anything whatsoever. I don't have a problem not talking and let people get on with it. I will get bored and start looking at my phone or try to start a conversation with others that I see are not feeling the topic. Get me started on something I'm interested in and it'll be hard to shut me up.

I take my time getting a feel for people and I observe quite a bit at first but once I connect with someone, I don't have any problem chatting away. I am actually quite a social person and enjoy good conversations.

I hate talking for the sake of talking and I have no interest in talking about stuff that I don't care about or stuff that's pointless. Its a waste of energy/time for me.

I struggled with it a lot when I was younger and I had people demanding me to talk more as if there was something wrong with me. And I thought there was something wrong with me because I struggled to get into conversations with people. But there wasn't anything wrong with me; it's just my personality type and once I found out more about that, I've found it easier to focus on people who are on my wavelength and share my interests and, therefore, easier for me to get along with. I'm old enough to know now the types of people I get on with and those I don't.

For what it's worth, all my partners have been chatty types (to varying extents) and it works well for me. My wife is generally more talkative than I am but she's similar to me in that she won't talk just for the sake of it.

Advertisement