Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Home cinema project. Is putting these older larger speakers possible with this smaller new system?

• 15-07-2022 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭

Friends,

It would be great if I can work this and use a set of big speakers for a home cinema plan.

Have an old AIWA stereo/amplifier that had two big speakers about 3 foot by 3 foot. Great sound. Unfortunately the volume function went on it. Cant get a remote for it anywhere which would have been a work around.

Question 1 ; I am wondering if this Newer Sony Hi Fi would work with the old speakers so that then Id have a way of controlling volume? Or would the voltage or whatever be too different or the larger size speaker?

Question 2 : regarding wiring the old speakers , so I hear that the piece of cable with the white stripe goes into the black connection on the hif fi, but what about at the speaker end ? Does it matter which to terminal I attach the white striped cable?

Your help on this much appreciated,

Advertisement