Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de France Stage 14 - Saint-Etienne to Mende (192.5km)

Options
  • 16-07-2022 11:50am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Another one for the break with most likely everyone watching Pog to see what he does towards the end. As I write the fight has begun. Before it settles it's worth noting the favourites - Pog, Kamna, Teuns, Pinot, Woods etc. Of particular note is the final climb which has 2km over 10% so a very punchy finish. I see Madouas in the break at the moment so I'll probably be shouting for him.

Comments

GC action already !!!!

Oh no Ewan is already being chased by the broom wagon.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Shouldn't have mentioned Madouas. Kiss of death.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Didn’t expect such a hectic start. Thought we’d have a big group up the road

Fancy Gaudu for today myself

Roglic , Laporte and Van Hooydonck are in the chasing group.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,435 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Great start to the day. Hopefully it continues. Fantastic viewing for the afternoon

• Advertisement

WvA can't do this on his own for much longer I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

Completely agree with Dan Lloyd. All the talk of a new Inios beforehand. Today looks like a perfect day to put a decent amount of pressure on Jumbo and they're not interested at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,728 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Day now at a stalemate & doesnt justify watching the next 30/40km.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,378 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I don't know why, but I found Marc Soler eating a Calippo ice-pop very funny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,648 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Can’t see Caleb Ewan making it over this climb ahead of the broom wagon

The scenery is beautiful

Is Meintjes wearing an aero helmet that has very little ventilation? He must be sweating buckets

All in for Mathews here - come on!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Morris Garren

Is Cabul Ooen going to make the time cut? He's 27 mins back and 3 teammates with him. Still has that awful rolling stretch to cover, never mind the steep finish. Average pace is over 40kmh so far,

Ha there's Didi on the right on the climb. First I've seen of him this year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Class finish there, very enjoyable watch

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Bettiol won't be happy with his team. What if he hadn't been working so hard on the front?

Excellent finish there & delighted to see Matthews win, top rider.

I love to see Jonas drop him here.

• Advertisement

Chapeau to Matthews. It was very brave to attack out of the breakaway from so far out. Thoroughly deserved win

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭griffin100

Jaysus if it wasn’t for bad luck Caleb Ewan would have no luck. It’s been a tough couple of years for him with crashes. He came in 39 minutes down with Tim Wellens. He’s now the Lantern Rouge by a good margin. Can’t see him staying too much longer, he can refocus on the Vuelta.

Delighted for Matthew’s, he always seems to come up just short in GT stages.

Ewan must be on first name basis with the driver of the broomwagon at this stage 😬

We were saying here today Sam Bennett must have the feet up watching at home not at all sorry he's not there.

Advertisement