Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Driver

Options
  • 16-07-2022 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

Hi Handicapper here using a Ping G10 driver ..I thinking off upgrading my clubs bit by bit per month and starting with a driver first.

Would there be a big difference in the clubs out now in forgiveness and distance compared to my G10..

As off now im hitting straight enough only getting about 150 to 160 yards though

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭higster

I’m no pro or even half decent but my advice (and I’m sure the same is coming)…get lessons instead (I’m assuming you have not had many/any). I tried out 3 drivers which was a complete and utter waste of time, money and effort and was very frustrating. Went for a few lessons and the difference was huge. Lessons first then worry about clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭blue note

That's a great driver. I still use the G10 3 and 5 woods and I'm afraid to change them because I hit them really well.

If you're getting that sort of distance out of it, you might add a yard or two by changing, but I wouldn't be certain even of that. Lessons are without a doubt the way to go.

The one cavaet there is - if you want a shiny new toy then the new club is the right option. But if you're trying to get better at golf it's lessons and practice.

Advertisement