Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recruit prison officer 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Masterchief117

Check your emails

• Registered Users Posts: 8 chops1988

I tracked my garda vetting and its saying complete but iv heard notting from the ips yet. Does anyone know if they contact you when they receive it back cause I'm waiting on that before have my fitness test on the 3rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dublin 1

How did you track your vetting as I’m waiting on contact for medical amd fitness test I’m in batch 2

After I sent off my garda vetting they send me an email with a link and code to track it

I never got that

• Advertisement

I’m in batch two also I heard nothing back yet

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ElaineHM

Just need to practice sprints! I’ve been doing PT for past couple of weeks so hoping I’ll be ok. How about yourself? I work in the prison service too so getting tips off the officers. Are you down for the 3rd? I called for it. But if I pass I may have to defer if I get offered the next class .. I’ll be sick dying to get started

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ArthurB

Does anyone know what way the fitness test works... Is there many people doing it at the same time? Do you get breaks in-between each test ?

I’m getting a bit of mixed feed back from people I no about the fitness part.

Iv been doing PT for months it’s the 40 up and back and 7up and back shuttles I can’t seem to do my time is way over and my cardio is terrible

id say it’s like all the exams a basic standard pass rate.Iv also been told once you get that far they do everything to pass you how true that is i don’t no.

will they not accept you after passing exams and interviews cause you can’t run quick enough who knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ArthurB

I'm the same I'm really struggling with the 40 shuttles and getting the 7 in 30 seconds, my time is way over so hopefully your right and they will give us a bit of leeway 🤞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭timmy2772

They don't give you an ounce of leeway lads I can assure you. It's black and white, your under the time you pass, if your a second over you fail

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Moo02

Is the women and men’s fitness test different?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 rgrpo23

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭timmy2772

Exact same for both. Anyone who is any sort of shape has nothing to worry about. Just make sure to practice the shuttles so you know what pace to go on the day.

How many people are in a group doing the shuttles at same time?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

All depends, last group about a month/6 weeks ago there were 12 I think it was doing it on the same day.

II

Post edited by rgrpo23 on

Has anyone in the 2nd batch who hasn’t got an email yet contacted IPS to see when they will get it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 laurak24100

Hi everyone!

just wondering what the bmi max is?? I’m in shape and play 3 sports and am a runner but bmi doesn’t take the weight of muscle into account so I’m worried! I am small aswell so my bmi calculator seems to think I’m out of shape when that’s not the case! Do you think the doctors would take muscle into account??

Max BMI is 35 but the CMO office will give you time to get below it if you’re over 35

• Advertisement

Is anyone else in Group 2 for the pct Monday?

I'm Monday but I'm group 1 🤢

• Registered Users Posts: 24 laurak24100

Did everyone just email their garda vetting to the email that they got it from? It’s not very clear! It also says about posting it??

I got sent my vetting from a girl called Lisa so I just sent it back to her and it was grand

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Offaly lad

I heard the run is gone in September anyone else hear anything

Did you get the automatic reply ?

i got no response either to email

• Registered Users Posts: 5 colly2023

I'm in batch 3 interview on 20 July and I'm bricking it, useless at this kind of stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 5 colly2023

Can you elaborate please I don't understand 40 shuttles and 7 in 30 seconds . Thanks

• Advertisement

You’ve to do 40 15m shuttles in less than 3.5 mins and then 7 15m shuttles in less than 35 seconds

Advertisement