Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recruit prison officer 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 colly2023

Cheers thanks very much I may get the finger out now so. Have to get past the interview first mind you but thanks for clarifying

• Registered Users Posts: 7 keyser.soze

Yep, I'm in same boat as you...

.a

Anyone know how long it takes to be contacted or hear feedback after the interview?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 smithymk11

Hi

I am currently still going through the process from this campaign.

I now see they are looking for people with a trade which I have .

Is there any type of extra allowance for been a trades prison officer as they have described it?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭conor05

Is there plans for another PO recruitment drive this year or early 2024?

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Stretch1432

There is one starting the end of August/September.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 japunia

Suppose to be around 3 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Moo02

Anyone else pass the interview in batch 3? Just finishing the garda clearance form

I send.my clearance yesterday,Iam.curious if successful what approximately coud be start date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 dealzer

Can anyone give me advice just filling out the clearance in regards to aunties and uncles, I wouldn't have any contact with a few so wouldn't have a clue of their address.

I put last know .

Thanks I'll do that or just no contact.

How Strict are they with dates of births for aunties and uncles will it be sent back if I miss a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 chunks28

Hi I just recently passed my interview and sent off my security clearance last week and got an email to look for dob,address & phone number. Does it take long for medical or does anyone know the time lines of stages. Any info would be greatly appreciated thanks

Iam alone very curious how long can take it,but as I know longest part coud be clearance and in meantime they will send us for medical/physical .

I got the email after sending clearance too. Might be in couple of weeks before we hear about medical. It’s a long process

I got an email today for medical and also got one for Garda vetting. Just wondering for proof of address did anyone use a broadband bill it says on email not to use it but on the 100points vetting it says it’s ok to use?

I spoke to hq yesterday and they said there are classes starting 16th October, 27th November & and one in December

• Registered Users Posts: 20,741 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

What the pay & hour like i see they are recruiting at the moment

• Advertisement

Did many of you guys do the Prison officer online course ??

Is it worth doing it in preparation

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭cmc35

Does anybody know if IPS actually request references from previous or current employers?

Don't particularly want to get stung at work and the awkwardness of them asking me if I'm leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 paul98

Hi all at the medical stage do I have to get a hearing test the gp I’m doing medical with said Iv to get a audio gram from outside the gp but am also hearing I don’t need to get a hearing test can anyone gone through the process shed some light on this ?

I haven’t got a medical email yet

Out of interest how quickly do people go or is there a beep to get the rythem ,

Sounds like the only difficult part would be pacing yourself ,

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Stretch1432

Is the Prison Officer salary the same as Garda or do they get more. Very hard to find out . Just curious btw ....

• Registered Users Posts: 9 paul98

Hi all just wondering what the physical is like particularly the bench press and the push and pull test I’ll be okay for the running

• Registered Users Posts: 2 rp33

Hi, just wondering when people sent in there security clearance form did yee receive a confirmation email to say they got it?

It's a new think and audiogram Is not required anymore.

• Advertisement

Do they ask about Aunties & Uncles ?

Iv got like 12 on each side & some i wouldn't have spoken to in 30 years ,

Advertisement