Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recruit prison officer 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭dub29

The original package wasnt. But when the familiarisation material was released career services sent out extra practice questions. These extra questions were very similar to the actual test.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Stretch1432

I was just looking at the Garda 2022 thread and they were saying the numerical reasoning was crazy hard too and one of them said they maths and science in collage and couldn't understand it and then they got their results and lots passed so maybe the pass score is low I think ours is 34 to pass.

If I was any good at maths I'd be able to calculate how many questions we needed to answer right to score 34 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 24 laurak24100

I done it for the guards aswell and the maths but I did brutal and still passed by a good bit so if it’s the same I doubt they are strict

Ok and did you answer all the questions in the time ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 laurak24100

Yep! I was running out of time so some were guesses but majority I worked out in the time

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Swabber21

Hopefully we get our results this week

Hopefully but usually it takes few months

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Rafaelsimao

I'm glad to know that I'm not alone on this journey. This test was the biggest handicap I've ever faced. to be honest english is not my first language, i had a lot of difficulties reading quickly to understand what they wrote and find the right answer

I speak English and I felt very handicapped after the test 😂😂. The Math was extremely difficult . The verbal wasn't so bad . Hopefully they are recruiting next year too. Get another chance at it .

• Advertisement

Going to be 4-6 weeks until results are issued. A bit ridiculous if you ask me, don't understand why it should take that long

It's always the way , it's a very long process, usually takes between 1-2 years to get in . Another couple of hundred will be retired by the time this is done.

For the guards its usually quicker or not? For stage one results?

Is there still people on a panel from the 2020 campaign does anyone know?

Guards takes along time too, only heard people complaining about it on an news article . They were saying that basically they are only replacing the numbers retiring and resigning . I'm not sure about the 2020 panel.

Does anyone know if there’s a group currently in the prison officer college? They plan on having 144 new recruits for prison service by end of 2022 but this is surely unrealistic with the pace that they go through stages at. Anyone know what stage 2 involves again? Can’t seem to find the 2022 information booklet online

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭weadick

Apparently they are crying out for staff and there was a slower than expected response to this recruitment competition. Hopefully this might mean this competition is moved along quicker than previous years. I still wouldn't be holding my breath though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Process22

The wait for results from PAS is ridiculous, we will probably be waiting another week or two for results.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mochua96

I do you know at the minute there is a group of recruits (about 20/30) in training at the Irish Prison Service Training College, they were out doing a walk around the prison about 3/4 months ago, and that there is another ground waiting to go in afterwards!

Results are out, much quicker than I thought. Top 100 for me, delighted. Hope the rest of ye got on well.

• Advertisement

Results are out guys

I passed I can't believe it .

Thanks and you too

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Rafaelsimao

I did not pass😓

OOM in the 30’s can’t believe I passed😂

Sorry to hear, the tests can be a bit of a lottery. I'd imagine there will be more recruitment next year.

Hard luck try again . Do the career service preparation next time .

Does anyone know what the roleplay is and what it involves ?

• Advertisement

I think it’s via zoom and it’s a dissatisfied customer who is complaining or some other situation similar and they observe how you deal with it. It doesn’t have anything to do with prison situations as far as I’m aware.

Advertisement