Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recruit prison officer 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Stretch1432

Ah ok and is there any stage 2 preparation courses you can do ?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Swabber21

Am I’m not sure to be honest. I haven’t found any online and I don’t think career services do a stage 2 for it and I don’t know of any other places that offer prison recruit courses apart from Kilroys but apparently they’re not great

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭dub29

Congrats folks well done 👏 they were tricky enough so good going. Unlucky to those who didn't make it

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭StephenRy30

How do you know what stage 2 is going to be about? Do you not have to go in for another test but this time under supervision?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Steve_1993

Well lads hope ye are all keeping well! I passed but got number 424.. Any off ye reckon I've a chance to be called to the next stage in the coming months? Number seems a bit high

• Advertisement

Ok so I got another email from pas saying I didn't pass as I didn't get the right score for the numerical.im gutted they told me I passed and the. Said they made an error what a kick in the teeth

Ahh no way?? How did they manage that! That is sickening sorry to hear that. Did they give you an order of merit in the 1st message? You should maybe get on to them again for an explanation, make sure it's not a mistake

Ye I did I was mid 100s and I got 373 out 380 for the numerical. Just missed it

That's rough, genuinely sorry to hear that. You know what to concentrate on for next next campaign. Such a blunder from them though.

• Advertisement

Ye that's what il do it il come back more prepared next time just a bit of a kick in the teeth after being told I was through to stage 2

I would definitely recommend career services. I was clueless before I got the package and studied it on and off for a few weeks and my OOM was in the top 15. I wouldn't be all that strong academically either, it's all about good preparation when it comes to aptitude tests. Best of luck for the future pal

Ye il go with them . Will there any more recruitment campaigns though they seem to be recruiting a lot the last few years .

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Rafaelsimao

😱😱😱sad to hear that. let's do again next year

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭weadick

Apparently they are crying out for officers and there wasn't a massive response to this year's competition so I'd say there will be more recruitment.

Has anyone found any useful websites or YouTube vids to try prep for the role play?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 keyser.soze

Hello all, I got OOM close to 400. Is there any hope for me getting in over the next few months? Are they taking only 344 as it says in the news article at the start of the thread ?

I think they will a few of people through people changing their mind and other opportunities

Post edited by Stretch1432 on

I know it’s probably a good bit down the line yet but has anyone started training for the fitness test? Doesn’t seem as hard as the Garda one but is there a bleep test in it does anyone know?

It's kind of pointless thinking about something that might not happen for a very long time. There's the role play to get through, the interview and then the medical before you even get considered for the physical. There are shuttle runs involved alright that much I do know.

• Advertisement

Did ye get the familiarisation for the role play exercise? I've never done anything like this before...

What does the familiarisation say ?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Hally21

The next exercise hasn’t been seen yet by any other group I’ve heard, it’s been done differently.

What's this role play for stage 2 ? Never seen or heard anything like it 🤔

Anyone know where I can find the RPO information booklet?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 daftdave23

Anybody done their role play yet? Did mine today. Found it very tough!

Oh really what did you have to do ?

Fair play. They intentionally make it tough I presume. What sort of scenario did you have and did they tell you if you passed straight away?

I know I'm out of the competition but I'd still like to know what the stages are for the next time I do them . If that's ok that is ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 daftdave23

It was just dealing with a complaint. The scenario I got I felt was a bit unrealistic. I dug myself into a hole nearly straight away and struggled to get out of it. I did manage to get the outcome they wanted but it was not impressive in anyway. They said the results should be out by end of November.

Advertisement