Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recruit prison officer 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Swabber21

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Bero16

Anyone have any idea what they look for in the interview regards of questions ?

Also anyone know roughly how many people they are recruiting in this campaign

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Stretch1432

344 prison officer s are being recruited. It's a competency based interview and an info booklet was emailed to you via public jobs.ie .

Is anyone thinking about using the career services interview prep course

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Hally21

Delighted to see ye all passed after that tough stage! If this is run anything like the guards once you do the interview the medical will be roughly 6/7 weeks after the interview providing you have passed. looking forward to the interview, again if it’s like the guards just keep talking and they’re will be 4 competencies tested on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭weadick

Interview slots are out...

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭JKerova1

Anyone know what the interview will be like or what competencies assessed? I asked the public appointments office but they won't be sending out familiarisation material until early January, which isn't leaving much time to prepare.

Anyone in for stage 3 next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭dub29

Think everyone from the first batch will be interviewed next week. They run from 16th - 20th if I remember correctly

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ArthurB

Has anyone had their Interview today, what sort of questions did they ask ?

• Advertisement

yeah had mine today. They’ll ask you questions just related to the each of the compentencies. Have examples for each one.

Thank you, I will do that. Hope it went well, best of luck.

Directing others, supporting others and information handling and communication . Are these the competencies which you guys were intervieed on ???

Directing others, supporting others, conscientious, resilience, adaptability and information handling and communication

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Brian14

Hey everyone. I had my interview this morning. I think it went well but its hard to tell. They really stuck to the competencies and no real curve balls…. Hopefully we will have results in early feb id imagine !! Does anyone know about the training itself? Is it live in ? Also is it mandatory to get stationed in dublin at the start?

Did your interview last for long? That's great there was no trick questions. Hopefully it went well for you!

I have a few friends who were hired in the last recruitment. As far as I know training is 12 weeks, 6 in portlaoise and 6 in wheatfield training center. They do offer accomodation in the college for people who live far away I think it's more than 45km. That was the latest process unless it's changed for the new groups.

Best of Luck 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Brian14

There was 5 minutes of explaining the format at the start then 45 minutes of questions. It flew. They very much stuck to about 5 to 6 minutes per competency.

so can you take or leave the accommodation? Theres very little info about the whole thing online!

Oh that's great then doesn't sound too bad.

As far as I know it's completely optional. If you take the room you can go as you please your not confined to staying every night. One of the lads I know didn't stay, another took the room and stayed one or two nights a week, the rest stayed.

Yeah there really isn't much information at all!! I'm sure if you ring the college they might give more info

Anyone any idea of how long we may be waiting for interview results?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 laurak24100

Hi guys!

just got my email to book for the role play! Can someone give me a quick breakdown as to what it is? Or what competencies they are looking for? Cant find anything online about it!

• Advertisement

They should send you a familiarisation booklet in advance of the role play. That will tell you what they're looking for and the competencies you'll be assessed on.

Its anyones guess really, hopefully in next couple of weeks. How did you get on?

I asked at the end of the interview. They said probably 4 weeks or so after the interviews are done and to keep an eye on PAS.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Process22

Does anyone have an idea of what the PCT entails? I've heard theres a shuttle run involved- does anyone know what the entire test consists of?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 CMT123

Hi Guys,

Long shot but does anyone have any idea if they plan on recruiting again in 2023? Cheers

I dont think 2023 becuse this competition stays open till 2023 which means they will be doing interviews, medicals and fitness tests and then they will taking those who passed all the stages in small groups.

So im hoping in 2024 there might be a recruitment campaign .

I also heard that there is a lot of retirements and some Prison officers are leaving for jobs in the private sector, not to mention all the problems they are having with overcrowding in prisons and being short on staff and all the attacks that are going on in prisons .

There are shuttle runs involved. There are also some strength tests, push-pull machines etc.

Any of ye get interview results? How did ye get on?

I thought order of merit would be implemented, but it wasn't. Basically says theres a long wait ahead with clearance etc. Anyway, congrats to everyone who got through. It was a tough process

• Advertisement

Yeah still a long way to go. Is it physical next?

Advertisement