Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel insurance - delaying trip at short notice due to medical procedure

• 16-07-2022 7:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm due to travel abroad on Wed and I've just found out this week I need a heart stent :(

I'm getting the stent on Monday afternoon and consultant says I'd be ok to travel on Wed.

However I really don't think I'd be ready for a long haul flight early on Wed so want to change flights to Friday to ensure I'm fit to go..few extra days will make a huge difference..

Do you think Travel Ins will cover?

Reading policy lead me to think they will..

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

You need to ask the insurer directly.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

As @Henry Ford III said you need to ask the insurer and the doctor too. I'd imagine the insurer will want a certificate from the doctor so you need to ensure he will play ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

If you are declared medically fit to travel, you are unlikely to be able to claim

Advertisement