Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spray painting Carbon road frames

Options
  • 17-07-2022 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

i am looking to spray paint a Carbon Road frame and wondering anyone have recommendations where do get something like this done?

Im based in Mayo but don’t mind travelling.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I posted my frame to this guy: https://www.kustomflow.co.uk/

He did a quality job

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Mayonews

Yea some lovely paintwork on his website.I you don’t mind but Roughly what prices were you quoted?

£395

Then I had postage over and back on top of that

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭8valve

I had a Battaglin painted by MR Creations in the UK; he usually charges about 250 sterling for frame and forks.

I was more than happy with his work.

There's also Chris Custom Design in Norn Iron. Have seen his work up close and it's equally good, not cheap though!

I would imagine carbontec in dublin do resprays, as they repair carbon frames.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Do they strip the paint on the frame or just paint over the original work?

• Advertisement

I've had mine painted twice. It's been stripped both times.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

this thread is useless without pictures.

Here ya go...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

my god it's full of stars.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭8valve

MR Creations Roche 1987 replica paintjob on my Battaglin; everything is airbrush, no decals.

• Advertisement
Advertisement