Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smoke, Heat and CO Mains Alarms - Replacement Advice

Options
  • 17-07-2022 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Just past the 10 years in the house so need to replace the lot. Looking for advice on the optimal set up to keep us safe. I’ve read about all sorts of different types of alarms (ionising v optical etx) so would be grateful for your advice. Wiring is interconnected and have a quick connector installed but I’m happy to change it as required thank you

Hall:

• Smoke Alarm (Ionising) mains

Kitchen/Living Room:

• Have a fireplace which we don’t use and is blocked up. And a gas cooker.
    • The electrician put a smoke alarm near the kitchen and heat alarm at the other side of the kitchen. Sure it went off all the time so I took out the smoke alarm and moved the heat alarm closer to the kitchen. I thought it was a CO monitor as there’s gas. I’ve battery CO and battery smoke in the room.
    • So we’ve a mains Heat Alarm in place
    • Mains Smoke Alarm no longer in place. Spare connector hanging from ceiling
    • Should I have a mains CO monitor here and a mains heat alarm only?

Utility:

• Dishwasher, washing machine and boiler
    • Again we thought we had a mains CO and mains smoke but he put in a mains smoke and a mains heat. so I’ve a battery CO.
    • should this be Co and smoke mains only

upstairs landing

• smoke alarm mains

Appreciate guidance on the right set up and which products are good quality. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

Thats Ei on smoke and co

Then you'd have emergency lighting and fire extinguishers if you're concerned about safety

Post edited by kirk. on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

I'd be veering towards fire a panel with alarms throughout the premises that's the way the council are doing them

Wired and interconnect is alright for a few alarms but then you start needing hush and fault and zone indication when you're putting them everywhere

Advertisement