Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Home Central Heating: Oil (Kerosene) v's Night Rate Electric

• 17-07-2022 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hey,

Looking for peoples thoughts....

Delivered kWhr cost of Kerosene is 13 or 14 cents (probably higher with an old oil burner like mine).

I'm stuck for space for an air source heat pump / only have an enclosed yard for outdoor unit and i'd be looking at an install cost of 15k to 20k by the time alls said and done.

I'm thinking of upgrading to 3 phase electricity, buying an electric boiler (40kw), Accumulator tank (1000L upto 5000L) to heat the house and tank of water at night for 11cents a kwh, and using the stored accumuator heat for space heating during the day....electric boilers are cheap, silent, 100% efficient and i can always connect a solid fuel back boiler / pellet boiler or heat pump later on if needed.

Never heard of anyone doing this before though, is it crazy?

Thanks.

Advertisement