Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE 2022

Options
  • 18-07-2022 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Just checking if anyone here is sitting the FAE course exam this year or the Advisory elective?

How is everyone getting on a month out from the exams? A lot of content and only a potential 8 indicators so there isnt much room for missing any material!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 LoneRanger21

Sitting Core and Audit.

Feel like I've most things covered for Core at this stage but if I actually know it is another question, just a case of getting folders organised and doing questions. Fortunate enough to have gotten 14/15 in the AFR so hopefully have a solid base. Feel out of the 4 subjects, SMAL could be the trickiest.

Audit should be ok I think.

How you set yourself?

No motivation to study today with the heat!

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭GandhiwasfromBallyfermot

Sat my FAE's a few years ago. Key right now should be getting your folders ready to bring into the exam then it should be all questions, questions, questions, past papers, past papers, past papers. Do as many as you can until your head explodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Deccy97

Yeah just being doing the sample cases / practice papers available for core - only nervy part with answering past papers is they changed the SML layout last year so I agree thats the tricky part of core. Think im tuned in with FR and Risk Management but still need to cover more of the other two.

I had a terrible AFR exam so have to make sure I don't leave myself short in the main exam but im hopeful.

Good to here some feedback from other past students aswell - most people have said just get notes and questions done when you are this close now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 robduffy98

Sitting Core and Tax

Going into Core in a similar boat as yourself with 14/15 in AFR so I should get over the line.. feel like I’ve everything covered now and finding it hard to keep the study rate going, would honestly sit the exam tomorrow if I could!

Has anything felt like a no brainer for any of you guys as to what might come up (conscious that these exams are notoriously unpredictable) aside from what’s detailed under each section in the 2022 Exam Guide? If you haven’t read it yet I’d definitely give it a look btw !

• Registered Users Posts: 3 10matty

Hi Ross what kind of notes have you I'm not sure what to have in the folders. I'm doing tax and core and I got 12.6 out 15 in the AFR

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Phishwax

I did mine last year and thought I was going to fail but breezed through them in the end so back yourselves lads

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Wipeout99

How do you guys feel so relaxed about this all? I am stressing out max - struggling with classifying risks, and approaching the data side of questions. Any advice?

Also in reference to the new areas on the transformation side of things what notes do you have for it? All I have is slides which frankly are shocking and there seems to be nothing in textbook

Do you guys feel confident om answering a question on likes of technology driven change, leadership, HR involvement etc?

Im so worried still hoping nice topics will come up. I need 44% to pass- hopefully I get that still seems a miracle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 robduffy98

Don't know what everyone thought of that exam, but I felt it was a little too difficult for my liking.. a lot of asks in the indicators in the time that was provided

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lom995

Thought the calculations on the engine and RPA indicators were particularly tough, didn't know where to start with them. Also found the appendices very long. Hoping that the AFR will help me get over the line!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 kez123

Thought that was tougher than expected too, lot of second guessing myself during the exam 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lukey-12

For Q8. Can anyone remember if we had to come up with the risks ourselves or use the 4 issues outlined in the project management indicator?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Canman247

Definitely much harder than expected. Thought it would be fairly okay. Indicator 1 was fairly tough. Borrowing from DC threw me

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Deccy97

Agreed with indicator 1 and a couple of people felt the same so hopefully they go easy marking. Thought the paper itself was fair but the vast amount of content and requests from Kate were too much. Q8 last appendix was unnecessary toward timing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 chikflik43

I definitely failed was so many asks and first indicator completely threw me. Best of luck to everyone for the rest of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Canman247

Thought some of the extra asks were a bit unnecessary time wise also like at the end of the source of finance question

Oh god i forgot about that qu too 🙈 was really tough

What type of report did people write about in the audit exam for the CSR report?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Beetle juice 101

Did anyone else think tax was awful today? Be doing well to pass either exam. Time is a big problem too, a second screen would even help.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭jimmymack

• Advertisement

Ask damn it I did 4400 :( why was it 3000?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭jimmymack

Oh no! Well, I think it was 3000 because 4400 is Engagements to perform AUPs regarding financial information, and given it was a sustainability report I thought "no financials, so should be 3000".

I think the rest of the paper was ok though, so hopefully you'll get through based on everything else!

Tax was awful- I hadn't a clue what to write about in question 1- transfer pricing and that Discretionary trust tax question was awful

• Registered Users Posts: 2 NoLuck1998

My goodness today was a bit of a mess for me. Sat the audit elective. While I responded the CSR question using ISAe 3000 (I think there was a mention of the partner wondering what “assurance” we could provide) - so many other indicators I made a hash of. Couldn’t get my thoughts straight on what a “fraud discussion” agenda should look like. The accounting treatments question I know I didn’t get right, which will impact the audit report impact. Even the acceptance question in SIM 1 I feel like my answer was so generic and the IT services and the former partner piece related to Ethics - I couldn’t sort out a coherent answer…..uuuggh

I sat advisory and ran out of time...answered 3 indicators in the time of 1. So not good. But i am bloody grateful they are over at least for a little while. Ignorance is bliss until results day 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 2 NoLuck1998

There’s that at least! 🍻

• Registered Users Posts: 1 KD12

I did 4400 as well, but I'm hearing a lot went with 3000. I didn't think we were explicitly asked to provide assurance, but just to confirm that we couldn't provide any under an AUP - very frustrating that it's zero marks considering how vague the question was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 eccentric individual

Did Core and Tax. Felt exams were very long, particularly in Core. It feels as though they are just throwing content at us to prevent us from taking advantage of the open book format.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kez123

Best of luck all, Hope everyone got the results they wanted :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Napg

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone sat Advisory repeat last week?

It was my last chance and I am really struggling with time management, I don't seem to be able to put all down within the time required. Just wanted to know what people thought about the exam?

Post edited by Napg on

Advertisement