Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit card stuck in processing

Options
  • 18-07-2022 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

As part of switching from Ulster Bank, I applied for a credit card with Bank of Ireland alongside my current card application around the start of June, hoping to be able to use it for the security for vehicle rental for our holiday on the last week of June/1st week of July.

After several frustrating rounds of being stuck in requesting more documents (and having to wait approx 45 mins each time to get through to someone on the phone who could talk to me about a pending cc application, I was finally told on the week before we were leaving that it had been approved (they told me the limit that had been approved and everything) and that it just had to be printed and sent. They said it was possible I might get it on the Friday (flight was leaving Saturday) or early the following week.

In the end the rental agency took my debit card for the security (luckily) since the card never arrived before we left. However, we're back a week now and there's still no sign of a card arriving. When I check the dashboard it's still on the 'processing' step. I don't have the energy to spend another hour on the phone being passed back and forth, I just want to know what's actually going on with it.

Every possible step of moving to Bank of Ireland so far has gone wrong in one way or another and it's been super painful. I'm really rethinking my choice to move to them for my banking at this point.

P.S. I did try the number 0818 210 310 that was given to another customer on a recent post, but I get a message saying unable to connect.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi Tara,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

Sorry to hear about your experience.

Please contact our colleagues in the credit card sales team on 0818 366 100 between 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday where we can take a look at the application and resolve this for you.

Apologies for the delay with this,

Declan

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Tara_H

Thanks for the reply - so I called that number and after being on hold for ages and explaining the whole story, he said that the application has 'timed out' (!) and that I would probably have to start again with uploading the documents. When I was naturally shocked by this he said he'd follow up and have me called back.

Later that day I got a call from the branch where my account was set up; the poor guy had none of the context of what I've already done and started by telling me I just needed to upload some documents. I gave him the full story and he said he'd follow up and call be back but to be honest at this stage I think I'm done with BOI.

Literally nothing has worked, even setting up online banking. I never got the confirmation code, had to call support, spent an hour and a half talking to 3 different agents since after two failed tries they would just dump me back in the queue and I had to start all over with a new person. This is beyond a joke and I'm starting to feel like I dodged a bullet by not actually transferring my salary, direct debits etc over yet. There's a whole advertising campaign running to try to attract customers who need to move off Ulster Bank, and if this is BOI making their best effort to win those customers, I'd really hate to see what they're like on a day to day basis.

I appreciate that it's not the fault of any of the (many, many) individuals I've dealt with throughout this process, but your systems are seriously broken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Sorry to hear about your experience Tara.

Please send us a private message where we can take some further details to have this resolved for you.

Thanks,

Declan

Advertisement