Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gluten free draught suggestions

Options
  • 18-07-2022 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

I'm looking for suggestions of gluten free draught in Ireland. In particular, I'm looking for suggestions in Galway, Dublin city and south Dublin but tbh, it would be good to know of other pubs around the country that sell gluten free beer on tap.

I know Purty Kitchen in Dun Laoghaire sell arcadia Wicklow wolf which is really nice. Brú Brewery also sell draught beer but I haven't come across this yet.

Would love to hear other suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

I think all of the beers from Stag brewery are GF.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Prospectors

9 white deer (made in ballyvourney, Co. Cork ) are all gluten free (stout, ipa etc). Sold locally as draught in Mills (ballyvourney) and Castle Hotel (macroom).

Also available in local supermarkets and off licences. Not sure how many more areas it is sold.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I've heard 9 White Deer in the past say that they often won't state that their draught beer is gluten free when they don't have direct supervision of the lines. I would say other breweries would be similarly reticent about beers which are either deliberately gluten free or just happen to qualify via their use of Clarex.

I think The Cobblestone in Dublin has a 9 White Deer tap. You'll find Brú beer on tap in any of the Galway Bay/Brú bars.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

9 White Deer have GF labels on their pub signs and on the tap badges. I'd say most of their lines would be permanent ones as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭flameboy87

Thanks everyone. I forgot to turn on notifications for this do only seeing your replies now. I didn't realise all the white stag beers were gluten free. Definitely will be trying those out so thanks for that.

That list of Galway Bay/Brú bars will be super handy too. Much appreciated!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭flameboy87

I meant to say 9 white deer in the previous post and not white hag. Very different beer companies and white hag is not gluten free 😬

• Registered Users Posts: 16,950 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

You actually said White Stag !!

Their beers are labelled Stag Stout, Stag IPA etc!! so you weren't too far off.

Advertisement