Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this acceptable? ( final call with aircraft 1 hour from airport )

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

The replies so far would tend to back up my point.

I've no problem with someone having a casual drink if they're waiting around, but I'm talking about the groups of lads and women heading off on the lash with a feed of pints laid out in front of them at 7 am in the morning. We're the laughing stock of other countries (except the UK). I've seen it happen, lads being called for boarding while they're too busy trying to finish and not waste the pints they bought because they're from a country of people who can't do anything unless it revolves around alcohol.

Maybe people should actually dwell on that for a second before replying with the intevitable abuse. There are many pilots on here, ergo some will see no problem firing up a plane the morning after a session. They won't admit it, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭zidac

I be surprised if this is accurate as a pilot can be alcohol/drug tested at any time before a flight, there was a pretty recent case but i cannot remember detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

I'm thinking more about general aviation pilots.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭zidac

I know one well and he would never have a drink the day before a flight as i have often been out with them for lu on the day before he travels.

Now he is always carrying mostly one person(s) DOB/Lewis H etc, the freight may be different.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Board Walker

I never drink in the morning before flying over to a match. I used drink alright when going back to Russia on leave - The depression was epic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Noxegon

Again, as a mostly non-drinker, why does it matter what other people do to enjoy themselves?

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

People disagreeing with you is not abuse.

Live and let live.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭trellheim

Coming back to OP's point.

Aircraft can and do turn round quite quickly i.e offload passengers and load new pax ... its a keystone of Ryanair that they do this fast.

Why not just do what the airline asks ? In most cases - especially in Dublin in the current circus, Ryanair wont do this all that often as its so crowded they dont have a gate until they are sure of the arrival so install the DAA Dublin Airport app and set notifications active .... its reasonably reliable :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,473 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

best thing to do is just find the gate, and keep an eye, people are still disembarking , aircraft fully disembarked, join the Q…

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

The phenomenon of having pints at the airport irrespective of the time is not exclusive to Ireland, which you'd know if you'd ever visited another airport anywhere else in the world.

As Jimmy Buffet says, its 5 O'Clock somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,057 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Jimmy Buffet - appropriate surname for forum 😁

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

Advertisement