Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil service competency based interviews.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Quitelife

Basically you just tell the interviewer what way you like your tea in the mornings and tell them you’ve no problem finishing up early every day and you want a 10% pay increase every year !!

they’ll know your one of their own and won’t upset the cosy set up the have !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

You don't need to go spending money on interview courses if it is just to learn about competency-based interviews.

I interview candidates for senior roles in the public service. My advice is:

• Lookup the competencies for the grade you are applying for. You will find these on the PAS website.
    • Come up with two examples of previous experience where you demonstrated each competencies.
    • Look at the essential requirements / experience of the job description. Have two examples for each of these.
    • Lookup STAR.. Stick to it religiously for each of your examples. Really sell what you did that made the example successful.
    • Just be yourself. Don't over think it. Be confident but not cocky. Try and keep the conversation very casual but professional. Imagine you are meeting your partners parents for the first time. Friendly and respectful, but not very formal.
    • Make a big deal about how you are committed to your professional development.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭cvb03

Thank you so much. I really appreciate all of that advice :)

Advertisement